3 | Sunoo - one sided

You and Sunoo were really close friends, like really close, people around you thought you two were a thing but you guys sadly weren't.

You had a crush on him though, I mean how could you not, right? He was bubbly, sweet and caring.

One day you two were just talking at campus until all of sudden he pulled out an envelope which was decorated with heart stickers, which made your heart flutter. Was it for you?? Could it be that he also had feelings for you?

"Uhm, y/n...", he smiled softly which made you smile in anticipation. "Yes?"

"Could you hand this to Ash? I'm too nervous to give it to them..."

Your smile dropped but you quickly put on a smile, even though your heart felt like it stopped beating. "Oh, of course."

"Thank you, y/n!!", he hugged you and smiled at you. "I really really like them, so I hope this will work out."

You nodded and made your way to Ash, who was sitting under a tree. You quickly gave it to them, pointed at Sunoo and got back to him.

"Did Ash say anything??"

"They were really excited to get a letter from you and uh, that you look really good today.", you quickly smiled and he was smiling from ear to ear.

Back at your place you started crying. Of course he didn't like you like that, how could you even think in the slightest that you, as his friend, had a chance with him?
__

You couldn't bare the thought of them being together, of Sunoo only talking about Ash from now on. You were pretty sure Ash also had feelings for him since they seemed pretty excited.

The next day you saw the two of them talking, both looked really happy, it made you jealous and sad. But you also didn't want to interrupt them, so you stayed where you were and watched from afar.

All of a sudden they hugged and it looked like such a tight hug, it made your tears form in your eyes. You ran into the restroom, locked yourself into a stall and started crying even more. Why them though? And why did you have to have a crush on a guy you could never be with? I mean, the thought of him being your friend made you think you could at least be rather someone who had a chance but apparently not, that's not how that works.

You were mad at yourself and that you even had feelings for him and now he was with this Ash...
Days passed and everytime you and Sunoo met, he'd only talk about Ash. How great they were, how sweet, how exciting this all was and that they actually liked him back.

At some point you were fighting for your tears to not flow in front of him but you lost that fight, so you started crying but tried your best to run away from him and hide somewhere. You didn't want him to feel bad because of you, he couldn't know you had a crush on him though, so you kinda started to avoid him ever since the last meet up you guys had. But also, ever since then you saw them together and all over each other all the time, it was so frustrating.

At some point you decided to write him a letter. You didn't want to text him but also couldn't face him like this in person, so you wrote down what you could think of and that was to end this friendship. You just couldn't do it anymore. You couldn't see him being all happy with someone that wasn't you and still be friends with him, it would break your heart. But you didn't tell him that, you made up an excuse and gave it to one of his roommates who'd give it to him.

Immediately you went back to your hiding spot and cried again. In the letter you told him to not talk to you ever again, so you hoped he'd listen to you. You sobbed and just couldn't stop. He meant a lot to you, so you obviously hoped he was going to be happy, always.

But you just couldn't watch him like that.

___

Hello, if you liked this short story, please mark it with a star! I would highly appreciate your voting as it helps with the rankings of my book <3