8 | Ni-ki - mathematical confession

AN: Please don't come at me for writing 'Niki'. I'm too lazy to change it for all my stories I've got so far. I'll change it or just use 'Riki' in any new story I'll write. Thank you.
__
You and Niki were friends, you were a little older than him and wanted to help him out since he was lacking at math. So after his lessons were over, he stayed in the room he just had lessons in and you quickly made your way to him. "Heyy.", you smiled at him, as he smiled back at you.

"Hey y/n."

"Ready for this?"

You came a little prepared, he just nodded. "Sure."

And so you cleaned the white board and wrote down a math sentence. As you turned back around, Niki was looking into his papers. "So, take a look.", you softly said and he looked at you and then at the board. "Uh...", he just stared at it, not knowing what to do or where to begin with.

"Okay, maybe try this.", you showed him a little bit of the next step.

"Ahh, yeah right, I was about to say that."

"Sure.", you said and had to smile, so he just giggled. "Of course~" Niki then scratched his neck and kept on looking at the sentence, staring holes into the white board.

"You have no idea, do you?", you looked at him, you adored him.

He shook his head and had to laugh a little: "Not at all."

"Okay fine, shall I show you this one and you'll try the next one?"

He nodded. "Okay, deal."

So you turned around and started to calculate in front of him, solving the problem and tried to explain a little now and then, sometimes looked back at him.

You were a little nervous since he had his eyes on you. "So yeah, then you've got f(x) equals 0.5x plus I like you 4.32." You turned around, not knowing what you literally just said. "Got it?", you smiled a little at him.

Niki just smirked to himself, writing something down on his papers. "Oh yeah, I got it." Then he looked at you and winked.

"Niki, focus. Did you really get it?", you still blushed a bit because of his reaction.

"Yes and no.", he giggled.

"What did you write down?"

"Noth- uh, exactly that.", he mumbled.

"Oh really?", you couldn't believe him, yet you just stood there, staring at him.

__

"Yes, really. Trust me, y/n.", he nodded and smiled but at the same time he hid his papers by putting his arms on it.

"Fine fine.", you just nodded. "So now, focus again, okay?"

"Yeah, sure."

So you wiped the board again and wrote down another sentence, then looked back at your friend who seemed to be busy with his pencil. You just looked at him for a few seconds, then you started talking again: "Niki?"

He giggled a little and looked back at you, making you nervous. "Yeah?" It felt like he was staring into your soul.

"Uhm, look at the board, do you think you can solve this?"

"Uh, sure..."

"Try it here.", you held the pen into his direction.

"Do I have to?", he pouted playfully, then getting up as you kept looking at him. "Fine~"

Unsure he stood in front of the white board and looked at the sentence and back at you several times. "So uh...", he had to laugh a little since he was so lost, making you stare at him since he was so cute.

As he was looking at the problem again, you slowly started to walk towards his place and then saw his papers. Your eyes widened as you saw what he was actually doing.

"Ayy no no, uhm-", you heard Niki say and so he rushed back to his place as well and turned the papers around but you already saw what he did. You looked at each other, both slightly blushing and nervous. "You drew me?"

He nodded. "Uhm, yes... I couldn't help it. You're just way more interesting than math..."

"Oh.", you started to blush more.

"And well, it seems like you find me more interesting than math too though because I heard what you said."

You were confused yet flustered, "what did I say?"

"That you like me.", he started smiling, "well, can you deny it?"

You shook your head. "That's what I thought.", he continued smiling.

__

"So uhm...", you stuttered.

"Well, so why don't we go on a date instead of doing this stupid math?", he said, fully gaining his confidence as you were even more nervous around him, especially him knowing you liked him.

You started to smile. "I'd really like that."

So you packed your stuff and walked out of school, both smiling like crazy. "Where do you wanna go to?", Niki asked.

"Shall we get ice cream?"

"Sure, I love ice cream."

You took a quick look at his hand, then back around. He seemed to had noticed, so he took your hand and held it with his, crossing your fingers, making you both blush though.

"That's cute.", you said and he agreed, "feels soft." You nodded.

You two both got some ice cream and walked around like this, holding hands again and eating your ice cream.

"Y/n?", he looked at you with a dreamy look. "Hm?"

"I really like you. So I really wanna make things official between us, what do you think?"

"Hm, let me think...", you pretended to need to think about it, making him yet again a little more nervous.

"If not-"

"Of course I want to!", you smiled at him, making him smile too and sigh out of relief. "You almost got me."

"Hm, almost.", you giggled a little, he shook his head and came closer to you, now making you more nervous again.

Niki kissed your cheek, making you blush like hell.

"Niki~", you said and he smirked at you. "What?"

"Do it again." So he kissed your cheek again.

After that the two of you looked at each other, couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear, not even when coming back home from your date, so your friends would tease the shit out of you. But you two didn't care and kept on holding hands.

___

Hello, if you liked this short story, please mark it with a star! I would highly appreciate your voting as it helps with the rankings of my book <3