Zayden

Zayden let out a sigh of frustration as he sat in his room chewing on his pencil trying to figure out something on a sheet of paper. Ever since they're father disappeared he'd been put in charge of taking care of work business and all the bills since he was the oldest and most mature. It was sometimes easy, and sometimes difficult but he was unfortunately left with no choice but to deal with it. After about five minutes with tinkering with his pencil there was a small knock at the door and he slowly got up opening it slightly to reveal his little sister Sophia seeming nervous and a bit shy. "Sophia? What's wrong baby?" "W-well... I-I just wanna know what happened to mama... the others won't tell me anything!" He didn't expect her to be so straightforward with this topic but she did have a right to know what really happened to her mom. So with a heavy heart, he picked her up by her underarms and brought him to her room closing the door quietly behind him. He sat down on his skinny chair with her in his lap staring at him with big, curious eyes. "Okay, Sophia, our mom went on a long long vacation and you won't be able to see her for a very long time but I promise we will all see her eventually" he responded, trying to be as child friendly as possible. She stared at him for a moment before nodding a bit and hugging him tightly "so, we will see her again right?" "Of course we will, it just might take a while alright?" His little sister nodded excitedly before hoping off his lap and running off to play in her room. Zayden let out a quiet sigh seeming a bit guilty despite knowing he did the right thing by keeping the conversation as child friendly as possible. It was right on his desk when he decided to not tell her the extent of what happened to their mother until she was a bit older than 6, and maybe Tyler too.