*chapter 13*

Grayson

The room was tranquil, the rain bruised the stained windows in an audible rythym. The room felt more claustrophobic than the elevator as Omin and I were alone.

His cheeks fell a faint rose colour as he stared at me with those verdant doe eyes. He wore a thin towel as the clear drops dripped from messy damp hair. I watched a drop travel down his defined abs eventually making it stain on the dark oak floors. I followed a trail from the bathroom as definite wet footsteps led its way to Omin's position.

I only realised my eyes were on the verge of creating a gaping whole on his body when he spoke up first making me exit my trance.

"I guess we are sharing a room." he speaks in a low voice, that when I notice the red rim around his eyes and the rose tint wasn't a blush but the after effects from crying. I studied these effects after I found my father's maids all have the same traits once working for him.

"Were you crying?" I tried to sound concerned but it doesn't work for me. Omin didn't answer, he wiped his cheek and turned around fiddling with something behind him while I stand stupidly not moving.

The freckles on his nose stretched to his back creating constellations on his muscles but the bruises that drew claw shapes across his body.

"Omin." An unexpected shakiness entered my voice.

"Yeah?" Omin answered in a brittle voice. He turned and followed my eyes to his back and stepped forward to the full body mirror revealing the bruises to him.

"Oh." He replied. I couldn't help but feel sorry, it was a new emotion for me, pity , and I couldn't withstand it so I moved my useless legs towards the bathroom following the footsteps which have created a faint print on the wood.

I leant lightly on the doorframe of the bathroom and gazed right at him as he fiddled with bottles and toiletries. His gaze shifted to the mirror where he saw me staring directly at him.

My trance had come to an abrupt halt when I had realised that his cheeks had started becoming a warmer shade of red than before. I stood there for what felt like minutes just staring into his bewitching ivy eyes and chasing the water drops which laced his toned body. My delusion ended with the subtle cough which echoed amongst the bathroom from Omin.

"Hey, would you mind shutting the door while I get dressed?" Omin looked desperate and as I realised why I'd say I might've even blushed slightly. I stuttered ravenously as I tried to reply.

"Oh, yeah.. yeah sorry." I turned around to shut the door and tripped on my foot, what's going on? Im Grayson Krooked, I'm never clumsy.

The sliding door conveniently closed behind me. I heard the quick sliding of the lock on the other side. As I paced down the hall my stomach churned furiously as if there was an infestation of butterflies swarming. It was probably leftover adrenaline from earlier right? I sat down on the top bunk bed, the green velvet sheets crumpled up beneath me and the bed creaked, moaning of the sudden weight. I sunk into them as if they were quicksand. I'd admit it calmed the sensation but the deepened feeling of pleasure and embarrassment still stuck on to me like a type of glue.

My heart pounded against my chest in an erratic beat.

What is happening to me?

I turned to my side in desperation to hide my sudden blossomed cheeks, I should've been thinking of where I am, what I am, and ways to escape this hellhole, but all I can think about is when Omin is going to come out of that bathroom and sleep directly below me.

Does he snore? Do I snore? What if the bed breaks? Would he want the top bunk? Would he mind If I took it?

The door opened. But it wasn't the bathroom door, instead Levi came crashing in, frantically searching. Until he found me.

"Grayson where's Omin?"

***

I was rushing down the dimmed hallways, with Levi practically sprinting infant of me and Omin who was still shirtless.

Omin stepped out the bathroom looking confused from the sudden commotion , Levi grasped onto his naked shoulders unaware.

It's Raya, she won't wake up. They think you could save her.

So here we are, racing to Raya, a woman I don't even know to potentially save her. If this was normal circumstances I wouldn't care.

But this wasn't fucking normal. Once again I was met with same barren hallway I had previously left, now with a hectic beeping, pooling out into the walls. We all scattered into the chaotic medical ward. Around Raya was a swarm of strangers, presumably nurses, trying desperately to find out what's going on. The monitors which surrounded her were wailing as if to warn us of what was going on. Yet, there was someone holding her hand, gracefully as if she knew how to make all the worries of the world fade away around her.

It was a girl. The fir green hijab which traced her face was accented with gold lacing and embroidered with beautiful flowers. Her eyes rested yet had a light reflection of worry. Suddenly, she turned to face Omin who stood merely a few feet away from me.

"Quick! Get over here now" She yelled.

Omin quickly paced over to Rayas bedside, barging past the rest of the people.

"Omin, right?" Omin appeared to be slightly confused but continued to nod in agreement.

Their conversation was cut short when without warning. Raya started seizing rapidly and her heart-rate plunged. Now neither of them looked even a slight bit calm but now overwhelmed by a mask of fear and dread.