*chapter 14*

Omin

My heart fell, crashing through my stomach straight down to the depths of hell. My eyes stung with bitter regret and an overwhelming sense of futility. In front of me was the girl who had comforted me earlier but I couldn't focus on that right now. Next to me lingered a young man, he had dark chestnut hair and his eyes were covered by some sort of blindfold, massacred with strikes of gold.

Suddenly, I was snapped back to reality with a repetitive clicking directed towards me. It was another one of those people, I had just then realised one stood either side of the girl.

"Sir, please stay focused and listen to Aalia"

I assumed they took my hectic realisation as an okay.

"Right, Omin i need you to focus on a happy memory something you cherish."  Aalia called out to me, my mind fell blank, it was such a random request at such a desperate time. "Please Omin, just try." Her eyes filled with desperation.

If I wanted to save Raya, if I wanted to save someone who I have dissapointed.

I need to go back to the source.

I closed my eyes slowly and thought hard.

"Mom?"

"Yes honey?" Before me stood my mother, her hair a blissful blonde and her eyes splashing blue like fresh spring water. I looked up at her through the ragged meadow her expression calm, plucking light violet orchids from their stem. The sun shone elegantly over the field, saturating the newly blossoming flowers. Above me reigned a large maple tree sprouting out from a pillar like trunk. It branched out magnificently.

"Why do we pick these orchids?" My expression became confused wondering why we'd slaughter such elements of harmony. The petals would now die even if laid down in one of my mother's embroidered baskets.

"They are just so beautiful aren't they, one of my favourite flowers, they will always come back next spring" She looked like a goddess, the wind had now picked up , making her hair blow gracefully in the wind. The harmonious dance of the flowers and her reassured me that I had nothing to worry about, I just needed to relax even if I didn't fully understand.

I tried walking towards her but the buckles on my leather boots got caught on a protruding rock. The ground slipped up from underneath me as I tumbled. I let out a harsh whimper as I  started to cry. The crunching of grass had now started pacing towards me. My mom swung around her small bag from around her hip.

She clawed through the various items she had stashed in it. Suddenly, she yanked out a small roll of bandages. Her hand took hold of my knee which was now bloody and grazed. Slowly, she lathered the bandage around my wound, soothing it with her healing voice.

"It'll be okay, honey."

The memory had started to fade as the cacophonous opera of shouting had started to over power her voice. I snapped my eyes open wondering what was happening. For a minute, I stopped breathing. Sourcing from my hands was a ring of light coercing through the five of us. Opposite to me, Aalia seemed to be directing it, twisting it like the veins tracking down the back of my hands. She almost worked like an artist, piercing the circle at specific angles forming an ominous pattern consisting of intricate spirals and connections.