CH 2

Izumi opened her eyes, slowly as possible, already dreading the morning before her.

She was a morning person, it was just the process of waking up that sometimes made her not find mornings to be favourable.

Yawn

She rubbed her eyes, hoping for her sleepless eyes to go away, and looked outside her window.

She looked to see and guess the weather for the morning.

"It seems that it's going to be cold again."

The thought just made her groan and grumble in her pillow.

She loved the cold only when her quirk calls for it, not when it doesn't.

Ah

She hurriedly got off her bed to brush her teeth, changed out of her clothes, and packed her bag for the morning.

Bathing would be for when she's done with her training.

As she was on the stairs, green hair-similar to hers-came into view.

And from her slightly panicked face then formed a big smile.

"Good morning mother!" She rushed down the stairs to give her mom a bear hug

"Ah! Good morning sweetie! What are you doing, being up so early?"

The mother said with a chuckle as she accepted and gave her own bear hug, while rubbing her face into her daughters.

"I just want to hurry up and get a head start to clean up the beach." Izumi giggled, somehow feeling ticklish of her mother's rubbing.

"Aw, I forgot about that, I should go there when I'm coming back from work to see how you did."

"No, Make sure to come straight home. You need rest, mother. You've been working non-stop ever since summer break."

Inko- Izumi's mother- felt a sense of gratitude from her daughter's words.

So much so, that a giant smile formed on her face making the fatigue go away.

"Oh stop with that. There is a huge possibility that you will attend UA, so I have to make sure we have enough money for that."

Izumi scrunched her face up slightly.

"Well I'm grateful but if you keep working so much then I'm going to choose a regular university for my future career."

She said with a straight voice; almost as if warning her mother.

This had made her mother laugh out loud.

"Sometimes it seems that you're the mother and I'm the kid!" She laughed

Izumi smiled.

It's been so long since she laughed.

She let out a pout.

"Well it's just that sometimes you act as if you have a lot of energy mom. You do sometimes, but you still need to rest."

Even though it was said in a childish voice, she gave Inko her honest thinking.

Inko let out a small smile as she felt her daughter's sincere concern.

"Ok, I hear you. Don't worry, after next week I promise to take it easy!"

Izumi looked at her with slight disbelief.

"Next week? Are you sure? Do you have a pinky promise on that?" She held out her pinky for the promise.