CH 10

Izumi glanced up to look at the large building in front of her.

"Wow, it's so big!" She thought.

The school was much bigger than she had anticipated and definitely much bigger than what pictures made it seem to be.

"This might be the school I might go to. I have to make sure I do my best!" She thought with a smile.

She was glad that, at the moment, she wasn't nervous.

If she was, she fears that she might ruin her chances of getting into the school.

"Izumi! Make sure you get to where you need to be. Don't be late ok?" Her mother said seriously while packing Izumi's bag.

Izumi smiled brightly and turned to look at her mother.

"Don't worry mom! I'll make sure that I'm the first person into the room!" Izumi said, also seriously, as she looked at Inko.

Inko's serious faze went away when she saw the expression her daughter made.

"How adorable."

The thought let out a laugh from her.

"What's so funny?" Izumi pouted as she crossed her hands while looking at her mother.

"Nothing, don't worry about it. Just make sure you keep yourself safe." Inko said while closing Izumi's bag.

"Yep! Don't worry I will." Izumi said softly as she grabbed her bag from her mother's hands with a quick thank you.

Inko smiled at her daughter before remembering something.

"Oh and Grandma came back a few days ago so make sure you greet her when you get the chance to! She said she wanted to see you." Inko said before she forgot again.

Izumi's eyes shined at the mention of her grandmother.

"Really? Then I'll make sure to visit her after I'm done with the exam!" Izumi said happily.

Today, she was happy.

A bit too happy. Things seemed to be going a bit too well for her liking.

She wasn't superstitious, but she was worried that things might go wrong because of the good things that keeps happening.

"Yes, she told me to tell you a few days ago; and since I kept forgetting, she kept annoying me with it." Inko pouted at the memory.

Izumi laughed at that.

She could definitely see that happening.

Her mother and grandmother's antics can be funny at times.

"Anyways, that's all." Inko smiled softly at her daughter.

Izumi nodded, knowing her mother had work to attend.

Inko gave Izumi a tight hug before letting go.

"Be save ok? And try your best! It doesn't matter if it's hard, just make sure to leave there knowing you did all you could."

Inko let out one more encouragement before waving and getting into the car.

"Don't worry, I will! And you be sure to be save too."

Inko nodded at Izumi's words.

Izumi gave her own soft smile as she waved at her mother's car, which was driving away.

————

Warmth.

That was what she felt as soon as she took a step into the building.