CH 3

"I think I was too excited that I arrived early."

Izumi looked at the time: 3:20. 

Sigh.

"I'll wait a bit more until I start cleaning the beach."

She muttered softly.

It's been about a week since Izumi saw Shouto.

She had been out sick because of the cold.

She hadn't been using her quirk as much as she thought.

Such action had made the cold work against her, rather than with her.

I wonder if he had missed me when I was not here.

That was the thought that plagued her mind this whole week, ever since she got sick.

She highly doubted her own thought though.

She would not admit it, but that train of thought was for her own pleasure.

The pleasure of looking forward to a friend, which more than less likely slowly turning into a crush.

She decided to dismiss the thought as just her being excited to make a friend; as always.

—-

" 'm, good morning Midoriya." Shouto greeted first.

"Ah! Oh my gosh you scared me!" Izumi yelled a bit at first.

She was lost in her own thoughts that she didn't notice the cause of her thoughts had arrived.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." He said in his neutral tone voice, which really didn't sound apologetic.

"No, it's fine, I was just lost in thought!"

Izumi smiled as she waved her hands in front of her, a force of habit, while looking at Shouto.

—-

"How are you Shouto-kun?"

Shouto nodded and said fine; in which Izumi smiled at that.

"Oh, by the way, you can call me Izumi, since I'm calling you by your first name too!" Izumi blushed while saying that.

It's not everyday one would allow someone to call you by your first name after a week of greetings.

" 'm, Ok, I will."

Awkward silence, again.

Izumi let out a slight cough as an attempt to get rid of the silence.

"Now that we introduced ourselves and are friends now, can I ask a question?" Izumi asked.

Shouto nodded and said yes, dismissing the friend's part.

"I've just been curious as to why you've been running in the morning. Ah, don't get me wrong I don't mind seeing you every morning, but I don't remember seeing you pass here this whole year."

A pause came between them.

"I believe it's the same reason as why you clean up the beach." Shouto paused as he glanced at the beach.

"And you've been doing a really good job at it." A small smile was formed.

Izumi stood there, star struck.

"Wow! your smile is so pretty! Everything about you is pretty!" She said softly as if she was in a daze.

Shouta blushed slightly and gave his thanks.

"Ah! Sorry! I swear I don't mean it in a weird creepy way, It's just that you are very pretty!"

"Yes, I know, you said it on our first meeting too." Shouto let out a slight smile, liking the comment.

"Huh!? You heard me say that! Why did you lie!?"

Izumi felt her whole body heat up and turn red. At Least this was a way to keep the cold in check.

Shouto chuckled very lightly, "Because you looked embarrassed when I had said thank you at first."

Izumi pouted as she covered her face with her hands and looked away, as if that can calm her down, which it did to some extend.

"How did you know that I was training for UA?" she asked after she calmed down.

"Oh, I didn't know that you were training for UA, I just thought that you were training for something, since you were doing this alone, meaning you weren't doing it for community service. And since I saw you only using quirk, I just thought that you were training your quirk."

This might be one of the times he ever talked as much as he did to someone.

"Ah! I see!" Izumi said a bit flustered from her false thought and accusation.

"Well then, are you also training for  UA?"

Shouto nodded.

"That's lovely! We might go into the same school in the future." Izumi said with a smile reaching her eyes.

Once again dismissing previous embarrassment.

This new information made it seem that fate was almost allowing them to be together.

The very slight crush , as she would like to think, might maybe turn into something more.

Her genuine smile made Shouto also smile. Shouto nodded.

"Your smile is also very pretty, Midoriya."

Izumi flushed once again.

These days all she seems to be doing the most is blushing whenever a specific someone is near.

"T-thank you. Ah! It's Izumi now, not midoriya."

She said while twirling a piece of hair and looking to the side, then looked  at Shouto and smiled again.

"Yes, sorry I forgot." Shouto nodded with a slight unnoticeable blush.

He has been calling people by their first name, ever since he could, but for some reason this time he feels just slightly embarrassed.

But then again, they only people [I] talked to was family

He checked the time. " 'm, sorry I have to go now, Izumi."

"Yes, bye Shouto-kun!" Izumi waved with a smile on her face as she watched Shouto run.