CH 12

A fleeting misty cloud was seen in front of a girl.

She stood by the sidewalk, waiting for the light to turn ready.

It was a cold morning.

It's been almost 5 minutes since she stood there, but the light still had not turned ready.

Should I just make a run for it?

She furrowed her eyebrows and lips into a pout.

It was a bit cold outside and she wanted to get to the school quickly.

She had on a sweater, a decent one.

With her situation at the current time, she knew she should've listened to her mother's sayings of her wearing a jacket instead of a sweater.

She gazed on both her right and left.

Her pout returned.

"When is the light going to turn ready? Should I really make a run for it when there's no cars!?"

She thought.

After the thought, she shook her head.

It was a rash decision to run while the light was still red after all.

She might be able to stop a car if it was coming at her, but that would unfortunately cause problems.

She drooped her head and sighed.

She lifted her head to look straight as she glared at the sign, almost as if to make it fear her.

"Hello Izumi." A monotone voice called by out to her in warmth.

Izumi turned her head with curiosity.

Huh

Her eyes widened slightly at the sight of the person she saw in front of her.

It did get cold all of the sudden.

She smiled.

"Good morning Shouto-kun! What are you doing here?" She asked as she did a little jog to the person.

Shouto looked at her before an unconscious smile made its way onto his face.

He nodded.

"I'm going to school, what else?" He both answered and asked.

"Ah, yeah, I forgot." Izumi said with a slight blush.

"Obviously he's going to school! He's wearing his uniform for love sake!"

She thought with a flush to the skin.

She hoped, at the time, she had not made a fool of herself this early in the morning.

Shouto nodded.

Silence

They both looked at each other for a few seconds before they both started feeling awkward.

Shouto cleared his throat before passing by Izumi and going to the sidewalk.

"Come on, let's go or we'll be late." Shouto said as he was going to the light.