CHAPTER SEVEN

five months later. . .

[GROUP CHAT]

Jimin: I can't decide who to bring the one I met from the bar last week or my new secretary who fucks like a pornstar 😭

Yuna: DISGUSTING!!! You already had sex with your new secretary?! EWWW!!

Jimin: Look at you. Jealous much? 🤭

Yuna: Fuck you!

Taehyung: Don't bring anyone, just go sleep with Yunabels! 🤣

Yuna: No way! 🤮

Taehyung: 🤪🤪🤪

Jimin: Yuna yuna, if I know you have "YUNA 💜 JIMIN " written on your bedroom wall. Don't be shy. Just admit it.

Yuna: Go to hell, Jimin!

Jimin: Want to cum? I mean, come? ☺️

Yuna: Pervert!

You groggily looked for your phone on the side table because the screen was lighting up with an unending stream of notifications from the group chat. Jimin and Yuna were at it again. They couldn't talk to each other without bickering non-stop. They hated each other so much that even a little thing like a simple kimchi can become their topic for argument. It's like Tom and Jerry in real life. Swear to God!

Still lying in bed, you close your Kakaotalk and check your other notifications—emails, work updates, and alerts from online shopping apps about promotions, among others. You reopen your group chat when Nabi sends a message to everyone.

Nabi: Hey, guys! Jin and I are on our way to the house. I already asked the chef to cook all your favorite foods. I'll see you tomorrow night! 👍🏻

Jimin: Thank you, unnie! Excited to see you, guys! Except you, Yuna!

Taehyung: See you!

Yuna: As if I want to fucking see your face. I hope your tire blows up on your way!

Damn these two.

Everyone is gathering for Taehyung and Jimin's enlistment farewell party tomorrow; they will begin their compulsory military service next week. To make the most of the occasion, they have all planned to stay at Jin's vacation house in one of the most beautiful provinces in South Korea, just a six-hour drive from Seoul. The place is the perfect spot to hang out, surrounded by mountains and a town with plenty to do—a break from Seoul life and a total stress-free vibe. You're very excited because it's the first time you will see all your friends together again after everything that happened between you and Jungkook at Nabi's house.

As you read the messages in the group chat, Jungkook's name pops up at the top of your phone screen.

Jungkook: Are you awake? 😘

You: Yep!

Surprised? Well, yeah. It's felt like a lifetime in these five months. That's how long it's been since Jungkook wanted you back and since he became officially single again. In the month following the chaos, both you and Jungkook went through a tough time. You chose to end your connection with him, but he continued to pursue you. Relentless doesn't even begin to describe it—no peace, constant attempts to make you feel his presence. When he told you to 'take as much time as you want,' he definitely didn't follow through. He admitted he's scared, afraid that you might realize you want to cut ties with him for good, and that thought terrifies him. So, he did all he could, waited for you outside your house day and night just to see you, showed up at your workplace after every shift, and even had your friends send you messages almost every day, expressing how sorry he was, how much he missed you, and how much he regretted it all.