Visage

It was HIM.

Hiroshi.

Sata Hiroshi.

Jungkook's first love,

and Taehyung's biggest insecurity.

Taehyung shook himself out of those thoughts, but his insecurities were getting the best of him. Jungkook had repeatedly assured him that Hiroshi belonged in his past. A painful past clearly. However, when all your life you have only been unsure of your worth as someone's family, you learn to jump onto the uncertain chain of thoughts as an acquired habit. And the annoyingly confident but heartless human before him was adding fuel to those doubts.

"Guess you finally recognised me. I am sure Jungkook and the people around him must have mentioned me from time to time. I did play an important role in his life once."

"Just get to the point. What do you want?"

"I see! A man of a few words! I like that. However, I am not looking for something. I, in fact, want to help you get what you want." The wicked human spoke smugly. When Taehyung raised an eyebrow in question, he continued; although not before checking his surroundings for potential eves-droppers.

"Taehyung-ssi, let me tell you a secret. I know that your engagement is a sham. A farce. I know about your little contract with Princess Joana…"

Taehyung didn't realise when his pulse quickened. His clothes started to feel tight around his neck and chest, and his breathing turned shallow and uneven. He couldn't form a coherent response, even.

"Well, don't worry, I have no plan to expose you both right now. Not unless you give me a reason to," the man smiled evilly, " As long as you do as I say, both you and your kid will be safe."

Taehyung was shit scared by the fact that this person didn't just know their secret and was willing to use it against them, but he was also threatening his and his child's safety.

'No', he couldn't let Hiroshi harm their baby now, could he? No, he would do anything to protect it. His protective instincts had kicked off, but before he could say anything, a sweet voice startled him.

"Babe, what are you doing here?" A beautiful woman was walking towards them, dressed regally. She seemed to have startled Hiroshi as well because his face suddenly grew a bunch of worry lines.

"Kyung-mi! Angel, I was just introducing myself to Dr. Kim, Jungkookie's would-be groom."

"Oh, so he is Taehyung-ssi? Hello, I am Kyung-mi. I can't believe I am meeting you through my fiancé rather than yours. Anyway, congratulations on your brother's wedding. I am really looking forward to your own wedding, though!" She offered Taehyung a sweet smile. However, Taehyung was still uneasy with the whole confab.

"Taehyung-ah, there you are! Jungkookie has been searching for you everywhere…"

They were interrupted by a voice before the scientist could say anything. He turned to see Yoongi walking towards them with Jimin on his tail. Both of them wore very unusual expressions.

"Hyung, I was on a call with…", he stopped himself before he could expose Eun-ji's name.

"We know, Jungkookie told us. He just wants you by his side. The reception is about to start." Jimin hurried towards his side, linking their arms together. The couple had almost ignored the existence of Hiroshi, only throwing just an acknowledgement towards Kyung-mi.

"Kyung-mi-ssi, nice to see you, but we are afraid we will have to take Taehyung away. He's the host, after all." Yoongi bowed a little and led the younger two away by pushing them both by his palm on the small of their backs.