Chapter 2- Reason

Jenny crossed her arms and her irritation was obvious as she thought of Eric.

"Why is he targeting me?"

"Who? Eric?" Caitlyn asked.

"Yes! Eric Wilson!"

"Maybe he likes you,"

Monica frowned upon hearing Caitlyn.

"Are you serious?!?"

"What?!? It's not impossible!"

Monica shook her head at the absurdity of Caitlyn.

Caitlyn narrowed her eyes at Monica and asked, "What about you? Why do you hate Eric so much?"

Monica pondered, unsure of how to respond to Caitlyn.

"Why do I hate Eric Wilson?"

While Monica thought of an answer, Caitlyn misinterpreted her silence. She thought Monica's silence was because she had to work tomorrow. Caitlyn patted Monica's back. "Look on the bright side: you'll be with me for New Year's."

Monica sighed.

"I guess!"

Caitlyn hugged Monica. "We will have so much fun!"

Caitlyn released Monica, and she tugged Monica out of the chair. "Let's hurry! We have so much to do. We still have to find you a dress!" the excitement in Caitlyn's voice was prominent. Well, because it meant she had a reason to go shopping.

Monica wanted to roll her eyes but chose not to. "Cate, I am not there to party. I am going to report about the event. What I wear doesn't matter," Monica explained.

Caitlyn released Monica and headed to her wardrobe. When she opened her cabinet, she could only see a variety of boring, plain, and (mostly) dark-colored dresses.

Besides, Monica was not the party-goer type of girl, an irony in her line of work. It's given that most of her dresses weren't suitable for social gatherings or occasions.

Caitlyn faced Monica, hands on the waist, and spoke.

"Girl! You are definitely not going with these!"

Monica looked at her as if she could not understand her.

"And why not?"

Caitlyn raised an eyebrow and said, "Because Mr. Daniel Forbes will be there!"

"And what if he's going to be there? I am not there to impress some rich kid!"

It wasn't Monica's intention to sound bitter against him, but to Caitlyn's ears, she sounded like one.