Chapter 11- Admit

Vince stared down at Caitlyn.

"The guy who you were talking about earlier?"

Because Caitlyn was putting back her make-up in the bag, she didn't see the pain on Vince's face as he asked her. But on second thought, even if she had seen Vince, she probably wouldn't have given much thought to it.

"Uh-huh!"

Monica chimed in.

"But I thought you were unsure about him?"

Caitlyn put her hand on her shoulder as she said, "Dating is not always about love. I may not be sure of him yet, but he is pleasing to look at,"

Caitlyn winked.

She hurriedly hooked her bag on her shoulder. She stood up and kissed Monica and Vince on their cheeks.

"Ciao!"

She bid them farewell and left without waiting for them to stop her.

After they saw Caitlyn exit the door, Monica turned to face Vince and narrowed her eyes at him.

Vince frowned and looked guilty as he became conscious of the way Monica stared at him.

"What?!?"

"Since when do you like Cate?"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Vince denied it.

However, Monica could see through Vince as clearly as Crystal. No matter how hard Vince tried to conceal being disheartened, Monica could see through him.

"You called her first, to inform us you are in town!"

"So?"

"So?!? It said a lot of things. For example, you want her the first one to know you're here. Or that you wanted to hear her first."

"You are being ridiculous!" Vince said and walked out from Monica.

Monica follows him around until they reach the kitchen.

"Vince likes Cate! Vince likes Cate!" she sang, teasing him—chiming like a child.

"Oh! Stop it!" Vince irritably said as he assembled the ingredients he needed from the refrigerator.

"Why are you going to admit it?" Monica teased more.

"Admit what? That I like Cate?" Vince retorted and got a bowl.

Monica stood behind the island while watching Vince prepare a meal.

"Am I wrong? I saw the way you looked at her in the store earlier,"

Vince looked up at her with his seductive stare, "Why are you jealous?"

Monica crossed her arms and smirked.

"Don't change the subject, Mister. This isn't about me, it's about you liking Cate,"

Vince inhaled deeply. He knew there was no point in hiding this from Monica.

He exhaled.

"Yes! Are you happy now?"

Monica felt ecstatic to hear Vince admitted it.