Chapter 16- Three Men in a Building

Vince made Monica face him and held her hands.

"Don't be angry anymore, please! I promise not to mention those two again!"

Monica could see his sincerity. She always had a soft spot in her heart for Vince. He was like a brother and a best friend. Others may not believe that a platonic relationship could exist between a man and a woman, but that was the nature of their relationship.

Vince cocked his head and acted cutely for Monica's amusement. Monica eventually succumbed and broke into a smile. She couldn't even stay mad at him beyond ten minutes.

He hugged her, the sign they had reconciled.

Ding!

The elevator opened, and a man inside witnessed the closeness of a man and a woman.

He feigned a cough to let Monica and Vince know the elevator had arrived.

Vince landed a soft kiss on Monica's forehead, and they parted.

He put his hand on the door to hold it open as Monica walked in. After she entered, he pressed the button for the basement.

"Take my car! George will take you!"

"Okay!" Monica obediently nodded.

Once Vince removed his hand from the door, it closed immediately. They waved at each other until they didn't see the other person.

Monica smiled at herself as she thought how soft-hearted she was to Vince.

"See me in the basement!" ordered the man to whoever he was talking to on his phone and hung up.

But Monica didn't seem to care about him. She almost forgot there was another person who was also with her in the elevator.

"Your boyfriend?" a deep and low voice suddenly asked.

"Huh?" barely hearing what the man said.

Once Monica spared a moment to glance at him, she instantly recognized the man.

DANIEL FORBES!

He was a very handsome man in a black tailored suit. At a glance, one could see that everything he wore was branded and bespoke for him, just like the gray scarf and brown trench coat he had put on. He stood straight, facing the door. An intimidating demeanor was conspicuous in him.

"Mr. Forbes!"

Monica was starstruck, but she managed to keep her cool. Usually, she was not easily rapt by any celebrity, but seeing Daniel had a different impact on her.

Daniel smiled inwardly. He seemed pleased to hear that Monica knew him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

But as soon as those words left her lips, she immediately regretted asking that stupid question.

He was Daniel Forbes, for crying out loud! One of the top five bachelors of Fordes Magazine, who became a billionaire before 30. So, he must have a unit in this building.

Besides, it was not her place to ask such a question; it was not like they were friends or even acquaintances. But to Monica's surprise, Daniel had answered without hesitation.

"I own a unit here! And you?"

Ding!

The elevator opened before she could answer.

Monica stepped out first. Daniel was still waiting for her answer as they exited the elevator.

Sensing that, Monica thought it was polite to give him an answer since he answered hers.

"I am just visiting."

Daniel had an unreadable expression on his face as he stood beside her.

"Who? The man you're with?"

Monica didn't expect him to ask her so much. Still, she nodded.

Daniel didn't ask her anything again and stood beside her.

NO MORE TALKING?!?

Although Monica was disappointed, she had expected this much from Daniel. Knowing that it was hard for reporters to book an interview with him already suggested that he was not the talkative type.

They stayed quiet together. She just assumed that he was probably waiting for his car, too.

Suddenly, Monica shifted her attention to the blue Jaguar across from them.

"Maybe it wasn't Eric's car,"

Not too long, a Cadillac Escalade came in front, blocking Monica's view of the Jaguar. George—Vince's driver—stepped out of the car and courteously opened the door for Monica.

Monica knew him. He had been with Vince since he was a teenager. Although George was a decade older than Vince, he addressed him as master.

"Master told me to drive you to anywhere you wanna go,"

Monica trusted his words and hopped into the car.

Soon, a black Mercedes S-class also arrived.

George assumed Monica and Daniel knew each other, so he didn't close her door yet.

Upon the arrival of his car, Monica waited for Daniel to walk toward it. He glanced at her, and they slightly bowed to one another as he passed her.

George closed her door as Daniel passed them. He walked towards the driver's seat. Soon, they were in motion out of Realeza.