Chapter 9- Date

Vince chuckled at the thought.

So, this is a VERY... VERY IMPORTANT matter for the girls?"

Meanwhile...

"DATE?!?" Monica questioned with an eyebrow raised.

Caitlyn nodded.

"Cate, I told you I am there to work!" Monica reminded her.

Caitlyn didn't mind Monica's frustration and continued to ask, "How about your New Year's kiss? Do you already have one?"

Monica frowned and shook her head because she knew Caitlyn would be stubborn about this.

Resigned, Monica inquired, "Do I need to have one?" 

"Of course, silly! Kissing someone during New Year is like a tradition," 

Caitlyn chuckled at Monica's innocence.

—Monica wouldn't have known that because from the moment she set foot on American soil, she had never celebrated New Year.

"How about you? Do you have one?" Monica asked again.

"But of course! Why do you think I only date when it's near the holiday?" Caitlyn confidently answered.

Vince suddenly changed from his relaxed position to a more business-like one. He crossed his legs and had his intertwined fingers on his lap.

He frowned as he interjected. 

"So you are dating?"

Monica and Caitlyn turned their heads to him. For a moment there, they forgot Vince's presence.

"Well... I wouldn't consider it dating because I just went out with this guy a few times during Thanksgiving and Christmas, to be exact." Caitlyn answered casually.

"How come you didn't mention him to me?" Monica followed up on Vince's inquiry. In hoped that would distract Caitlyn and she could forget about the date.

"Duh! Because it's not serious," Caitlyn answered as if it were an obvious fact.

Monica didn't know what more to ask so that Caitlyn wouldn't have the time to talk about her again. Luckily, Vince was there. "But do you like him?" he interrupted.

Caitlyn kept quiet and thought. "Hmm! Do I like him?" she asked herself. 

Finally, Caitlyn gave them an unsure answer.

"May...be..."

Vince interrogated more.

"Why are you seeing him, then?" 

"Because he is hot, as in capital H-O-T hot!" Caitlyn answered, taking only a second to respond to him.

Vince felt disappointed—or even hurt as he heard her answer. However, Vince was good at hiding his emotions. But what he did not realize was Monica had been observing him. And she saw the way he asked Caitlyn about the guy she was seeing.