Chapter 20- Speculate

Eric glanced at Yvonne as she proudly leaned back in her chair.

"Prince?... Like King, Queen... Prince?"

"Yup!"

Eric frowned, but he didn't need to ask Yvonne to elaborate more, for she willingly continued after reading his face.

"Well! For starters, no one knew anything about Vince except that he was a chef. Second, if you think of it, he was being scouted not just by anyone but by royal families. And we are not talking about one royal family, but royal families from Europe to Asia. Yet he had the power to reject them all."

Eric could tell how impressed Yvonne was with Vince as she told her theory.

"And you know what's funny about it?" Yvonne asked and stared at Eric until he shook his head. "Those royal families can not force him into it. That's why I believe Vince comes from royalty! And I think that is also why he seldom shows himself."

While Yvonne felt elated as she relayed her speculation, Eric had difficulty accepting it.

"So, Vince is a prince?!?"

As Eric thought of it, he felt like reality had slapped him hard in the face. Suddenly, everything made sense.

First, Vince had a unit at Realeza. It was difficult for anyone to own a unit there, yet he owned one. Second, he was on the 19th floor, which showed his high status. The higher one's floor in Realeza, the higher their social status was. Lastly and most importantly, since Eric was working in media, per se. He knew they would be more curious about those living on the 20th floor than those on the 19th. And Vince, being on the 19th floor, was the same as an admission.

Yes! I am a prince, but I don't want any attention.

With this in mind, Eric became disheartened. He was in a daze as his brows knitted together.

"Eric, are you okay?" Yvonne asked.

Her voice brought him back to reality.

"Hmm... Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" he answered in a way that was as if it was a ridiculous question for Yvonne to ask.

Yvonne crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at Eric.

"Really?... Did you even hear what I last said?"

The fact was that Yvonne was still talking when Eric stopped listening. But of course, he would not tell her he was thinking about the possibility of Vince being a prince.

"Sorry! My mind is on somewhere else. What are you saying?"

"It's nothing!"

Although she felt Eric was not his usual self, Yvonne didn't give it much thought.

She then grabbed her bag and linked her arms to Eric.

"I wonder how Vince is related to Monica?" she asked as they walked out of the LF.

********

Vince dropped off Monica in her apartment.

"See you tomorrow!" he said.

Monica smiled and nodded. "Okay!"

They kissed each other on the cheeks, and Vince returned to his car. George opened the door and waited for him. Vince was about to enter the car when he turned around and said, "I'll pick you up at 6:00?"

"Come at 5. I gotta be there early," Monica said.

"Okay!" Vince said while joining his thumb and index finger together, forming a circle. Then he hopped in the car. George closed the door for him and bowed slightly to Monica. Then he hopped in the driver's seat. She waved them goodbye and waited until she could no longer see them.

Before entering, Monica looked around. She felt somebody was watching her. She must have become paranoid working as a writer. After all, the sun was still bright; who trailed someone while it was still shiny?

But thanks to her good eyesight, she spotted a familiar black Mercedez parked far enough from her house for her to notice it still. Then she saw two men docked and hid from her gaze—one she was familiar with and one she was not.

"Is that Daniel? Why is he here?" she thought.

However, Monica didn't dare to speculate why they must be there. She just shrugged and pretended she didn't see him... or them. Besides, it's conspicuous that they didn't want her to discover they were spying on her.

She sighed and smiled inwardly as she unlocked her door.

A while ago a black Mercedez parked far enough from Monica's house. In the car, two men were waiting for Monica to arrive. The one seated in the driver's seat was the same driver who picked up Daniel in Realeza. He was Danny. The second person who was in the back seat had an aristocratic aura, as expected of Daniel Forbes. He rested his back on the backrest while he crossed his legs. He wore a serious expression on his face.

"Boss, isn't that the lady from earlier?" asked Danny

"Yes!"

"Why are we following her?"

Daniel inhaled deeply, and without hesitation, he said, "Because she is Monica Lowe!"

That five simple words from Daniel had answered Danny's curious mind.

"Congratulations! You finally find her, boss. But does she know you? I mean, know you... know you?"

Daniel shook his head, "No!"

Then he and Daniel furrowed their eyebrows when they saw Vince come out of the Cadillac.

"But Boss, who is the guy?" the driver asked again.

Daniel regretfully answered, "The reason she ditched me five years ago."