𝟏𝟗 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚 𝐇𝐲𝐮𝐧-𝐒𝐮'𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚗

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚗. 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚗 𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

The next morning was awkward.

At least that was for Hae-Rin whose heart seemed to be working against her, creating a secret plan that Hae-Rin had no knowledge of.

When she woke up, dreams still clinging onto her like desperate fools, she had first noticed that she wasn't in her usual space in the daycare where she slept. There was no annoyed Eun-Yoo mumbling at the side, no Ji-Su's guitar melody, and no annoying residents grumbling and complaining about anything and everything. Then, as she held her eyes closed, trying to tell her dreams to go away, she felt a soft touch on her wrist.

There was a weight on her shoulder, too, like someone was pushing her down but also not. She could feel strands of loose hair tickling her neck and ear and she felt some of it on her cheek, too.

With her eyes still closed, Hae-Rin remembered that she had fallen asleep in the quarantine.

Her eyes shot open.

Hae-Rin saw her book, neatly lying on her lap, closed and ready to be read. Her hands were on top of the book and her bracelets were on display.

Hyun-Su's fingers were holding the charm of Wendy, fumbling the silver with his thumb before moving on to the Peter Pan bracelet. Hae-Rin, still trying to wake up and process everything, watched as Hyun-Su's fingers turned and twisted the silhouette of the flying Peter Pan charm.

She felt her heart skip a few beats and felt it plot its secret deeper, rooting it to the point of no return.

Hyun-Su's fingers gazed on her skin, some touching her older scars, some lingering on her pulse. He was now, with only one hand, holding both Peter Pan and Wendy side by side.

Hae-Rin could feel him watching the bracelets, felt the burning gaze on her skin.

She gulped, wondering how long had Hyun-Su been awake with Hae-Rin's head on top of his, wondering how long had he waited so that he could move and, as embarrassment hit her, she wondered how annoyed or bored he must have been while Hae-Rin slept, forbidding him to move.

That thought seemed to do it and Hae-Rin slipped away from her trance.

She stirred, pretending that she was just waking up so as not to let Hyun-Su know that she had been awake for a while.