𝟐𝟗 | 𝐉𝐢-𝐒𝐮'𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐎𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟𝐟

❝ 𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚘𝚗. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚜-𝚘𝚗. 𝙽𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚞𝚜. 𝚂𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚓𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜, 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Hae-Rin was sitting alone in the daycare when Hyun-Su came in.

Raising her eyes from the pages of her book, Hae-Rin watched Hyun-Su's fatigued form slowly making its way towards her. With each step, weariness seemed to weigh on him, casting a subtle shadow on his features. Finally, as if surrendering to the gravitational pull of exhaustion, he slumped down beside her with a quiet sigh, seeking solace in the proximity they shared.

"Tired?" Asked Hae-Rin.

"Mhmm." Hummed Hyun-Su, resting his head on the back of the couch. "Just got back."

Right.

Hyun-Su didn't have to go up the floors anymore, not unless he chose to himself, which today he did exactly just that. Grandpa Han had needed some tools and one of the residents said that they knew a woodworker that lived on the second floor.

So Hyun-Su went up there.

It was his choice, no one really tried to guildtrip him into going up there.

"Ran into any monsters?" Hae-Rin asked.

But all she really wanted to say was that he was too kind for his own good. She wanted to tell him not to choose stuff like these anymore.

"Yeah." Replied Hyun-Su.

"Oh, crap." Hae-Rin turned to look at him, closing the book. "Which one?"

"I don't think I've ever seen that monster around before." Hyun-Su said, turning to look at her as well. "It was a monster with these like really long ears and the skin on it was dry like it was burned. It wasn't that strong, but it did trigger the monster in me."

"You're not hurt, are you?" Asked Hae-Rin, looking all over him.

"No, no, I'm fine." Hyun-Su replied.

"Okay, that's good." Hae-Rin nodded, signing. "Next time don't go, though, okay? I know you chose to, but I'd rather you stay here."

"We need these tools, though." Hyun-Su responded.