𝟏𝟒 | 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬

❝ 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕
𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍
𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍
𝙰𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠
𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍? ❞
- 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────
27th February

Hae-Rin had been making her way out of the stadium when something caught her eye.

She and Eun-Yoo were on their way for another mission yet again, with wearing thiner clothes since the days have been getting warmer and warmer. Sometimes, they brought their gloves because their hands had to be out of their pockets at all times, but most times, they just let the cold bite their skin.

"Is that...?"

"My longboard." Hae-Rin breathed.

There, leaning against a broken ruin, stood Hae-Rin's longboard with all its stickers in full glory.

Hae-Rin felt her heart dance as she ran towards it, grabbing it in her hands and turning it over. Her eyes were wide, mind unable to process what the fuck was happening and what on earth was she seeing.

"How's that possible?" Asked Eun-Yoo. "Green Home is in ruins."

"I don't know..."

How was it possible?

Last time the two visited Green Home it had been in ruins, bombarded and destroyed. There had been no sign of life except Ms. Im who had been killed. Not only that, but Hae-Rin had left her longboard in her apartment the day of the apocalypse, the day when everything went to hell, the day she and Hyun-Su had saved the siblings and brought them to Grandpa Han. Ever since that day, Hae-Rin had not seen her longboard or even thought about it since she knew that there was no way she could have it let alone longboard again.

But here it was.

Here, in her arms, was Hae-Rin's longboard, the board covered in stickers that she had used as a transport for a few years.

Eun-Yoo looked around, eyes searching the raising vegetation.

"Could it be Hyun-Su?" Asked Eun-Yoo.

Hae-Rin looked around as well.

They were five minutes away from the stadium. They were walking down the path that they had made their own, following the stones and red handicrafts plastered all around.