𝟎𝟎 | 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 (𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤-𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡)

❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚊𝚠 𝚑𝚒𝚖. 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜; 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚕𝚎𝚍𝚐𝚎. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

Birds sang a nostalgic melody as the trees trembled from the quiet wind. They swayed gently in the embrace of the hushed wind, their branches reaching out to caress the sky in a silent dance of nature's grace.

The dirty path harboured dozens of small rocks, each pebble shimmering with an ethereal glow, catching the rays of the sun and scattering them like fragments of stardust across the forest floor. Above, the sun hung like a blazing beacon in the quiet sky, casting its golden light through the dense greenery in scattered beams of radiance. Each ray pierced through the canopy, illuminating the forest in a variety of colour and shadow, transforming the serene scene into a mesmerizing display of natural beauty.

Following the rocky and sandy path, there were two figures.

One was hunching over, grey splattering across her hair like markings. In her hands, she was holding a basket full of food and water.

The other one, though, was small and energetic. Instead of walking, that figure was skipping forward, hands outstretched towards random bugs as they flew past the two like untouchable stardust.

"My little darling?" A soft voice called.

"Yes, grandma?"

The old woman smiled; bright and charming.

A gentle and cold hand reached towards Hae-Rin, and immediately, the skipping stopped, and Hae-Rin's full attention was on her grandmother.

Even though the woman was old and hunched over, she still seemed like the tallest woman Hae-Rin knew. There was just something so tall and strong about her. Hae-Rin didn't know if it was because of her age or if it was because of the knowledge she carried.

"Look over there." Her grandmother said, pointing to a thin branch. "Do you see that?"

"What's that?" Asked Hae-Rin.

As if drawn by some unseen force, they had stumbled upon a hidden alcove, where a delicate miracle was unfolding before their eyes.

There, nestled amidst the verdant foliage, hung a cocoon adorned with shimmering threads of silver and gold. With bated breath, they watched as the cocoon quivered and trembled, as if whispering secrets to the wind.