𝟎𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐄𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐤

❝ "𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚐𝚘," 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍, "𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎, 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔; 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍, 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚍."
𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎; ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

37 Hours Later

Hyun-Su felt the hum of an engine buzzing.

For a short moment, a few seconds, Hyun-Su's senses seemed to waver, flickering like distant stars in the night sky.

In that moment, he experienced a surreal sensation, as if he were suspended in the air, sitting upon an unseen chair that seemed to be floating inside an endless pit of darkness. It was as though he occupied two distinct planes of existence simultaneously, straddling the boundary between reality and imagination with an undeniable sense of loss.

He sensed his pulse thrumming against his neck like the rhythmic pulse of whales piercing the surface of a vast ocean. His body seemed estranged, as if it belonged to another, manipulated by an unseen hand that twisted his core and life force. Each twist and turn felt orchestrated, as though the invisible hand was testing him, only to withdraw with a sinister chuckle at the realization of Hyun-Su's awareness. The second that hand loosened its grip, though, Hyun-Su felt the fingers on his hands twitching and straining almost as if his bones and muscles were waking up from a trance.

Hyun-Su's senses were floating between different planes of existence, but his hearing seemed to awaken first.

"Listen up, Black Kite Three, this mission is critical. Return immediately. That man is extremely dangerous." A voice said over a radio- walkie-talkie? Hyun-Su wasn't so sure. "If you surrender, I guarantee your safety."

Hyun-Su did not recognise that voice.

He tried to open his eyes, but like a barricaded door, they stayed shut, unable to fight against the invisible force.