''Maybe this place isn't so bad?''

+AHHH I FINALLY POSTED-+

+I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING-+

+Requested by EnderDragon3664 +

+Enjoy! Btw by not posting for very long I might've gotten rusty at writing.. ANYWAYS-+

+I didn't get a name for the character so Imma use Artemis-+

It had been a week since Artemis had arrived, and they basically haven't warmed up or decided to trust anyone. Everyone tries to talk to them, but it doesn't work out as they hope. Everyone but Jax, though. Jax isn't the uh.. y'know, comforter type of person. But maybe that would change?

In the afternoon, Artemis was staying their distance from everyone as usual. Pomni was talking with Ragatha, Zooble was by themself, and Kinger and Gangle were talking. No one knew where Jax was. Artemis sighed, and decided to walk back to their room. Until they ran into someone.. You know him, most of y'all simp for him-

It was Jax.

Artemis and Jax ran into each other, both of them stumbling backwards. ''Geez, watch were your going.'' Jax says, with a glare. Artemis doesn't say anything, they seemed embarrassed. Jax rolled his eyes, and got up. Artemis quickly got up as well, and couldn't have gone out of there quicker. ''Weirdo..'' Jax mumbles, and walks to where everyone else was.

+A FEW HOURS LATER..+

Artemis was in their room as they intended to go before. They shut themself off from everyone else, not admitting anything. Not even their feelings. They sat there in silence until they heard a knock on the door. Artemis didn't want to be rude, so they opened the door. And again, it was Jax. ''Hey.. uh- The others wanted me to check on you. You doing okay?'' Jax asked, looking down at Artemis. ''I'm fine..'' Artemis replied, and was about to shut the door, until Jax stopped them. ''Yeah, your lying is terrible, tell me what's going on.'' Jax said, it almost sounded like he cared. Artemis sighed, and let Jax enter their room. They both sat down on Artemis' bed.

''Why do you care so much?'' Artemis asks, raising an eyebrow. ''I noticed you're not interacting with anyone for the past week. This is a one time thing I'm doing for you, so don't push it.'' Jax replies. ''Okay, fine..'' Artemis crossed their arms, they didn't have much of a choice.

Artemis explained their life before they got here, how they were abused, how their parents were, all that stuff. Artemis wasn't really comfortable with sharing this, but they did. Jax's expression grew to one of concern. He tried to but his hand on Artemis' shoulder to comfort them, but they flinched, and Jax immediately removed his hand. ''Sorry.. Why do you keep all of this to yourself though?'' Jax asks, generally confused. Artemis shrugged. ''Just not comfortable with sharing it.'' They respond. ''Well.. Maybe you could be open with those feelings with me?'' Jax says. ''Really?'' Artemis seemed surprised that Jax said that. ''I know, I know, it's weird that I said that, but you shouldn't keep that stuff bottled up inside of you, it's not healthy.'' Jax crossed his arms.

Artemis felt relieved that this conversation went well. ''Thanks, Jax..'' Artemis said with a soft smile. ''Don't mention it.'' Jax replies, and looks away. Artemis smiled a bit more, hoping this would be their first friend here..

Maybe this place isn't so bad?