3

CHAPTER THREE

"My mom may be having an orgy tonight."

••••

MONDAY, JULY 31st, 2024 (8:00 P.M.)
QUEENS, NEW YORK (NEIGHBORHOOD: SUNNYSIDE)
BERNADETTE DEROSE'S RESIDENCE

"Noo! Kick out, Randy! Kick out!" Serenity shouted at her television, tossing one of her stuffed animals at the wall. Luckily for Serenity, her favorite wrestler, Randy Orton, managed to continue in his match with John Cena.

A sigh of relief falls from her lips, "Ooo! Thank goodness." She flicks an invisible sweat, laying back on her pillows as she returns to her bowl of popcorn. Serenity was so lost in the match of her favorite rivalry; she isn't aware of her window opening.

Evita Alvarez sneaks her way into Serenity's bedroom but soon trips over a pair of Serenity's shoes. "Urgh, son of a bitch." Evita quietly cursed, falling on her side in the process.

Serenity turns toward Evita, rolling her eyes before heading back to the pay-per-view match. "I'm going to get a bat if you don't start using the door, Evita."

Evita dusts herself off, readjusting her skull print t-shirt. "Oooo, I'm so scared." Evita mocks, waving her arms. "You should have a gun-"

"No!" Serenity leers at her best friend, "I already told my dad if he got me a gun, I will use it on him."

"Wow, you hate him that much?" Jasmine Fontaine, Serenity's other best friend, shuts the door as softly as possible. "That's cold." She shakes her head with a giggle.

"Ehh, not with that prick." Evita walks up to Serenity's closet, disappearing for a moment and comes back with a blanket in her hands. "That douchebag always asks me how Juvee was. Fucking prick he is." Evita makes herself comfortable on one of the bean bags by the window. She hums with a giant smile on her face, sinking in the blanket and oversized seat.

Serenity shakes her head with disbelief. "Yeah, just go and make yourself at home."

"What did you say?!" Evita dramatically shouts with her eyes closed.

"I said, go fuck yourself!" Serenity replies back. Jasmine remains silent, setting her backpack by the nightstand. She removes her slip on vans and places them in the corner. Jasmine pulls out a Cheetah print satin bonnet from her bag. She sneakily enters Serenity's bed, snuggling next to a human sized sloth stuffed animal.

Jasmine reaches for the bowl of popcorn, stuffing as many as she can into her mouth with her attention on the match.

Evita snorts, opening one of her eyes. "Don't threaten me, pudding. I will do it." Jasmine and Serenity both groan with disgust making Evita laugh. Evita pulls the blanket over her head, preparing for a nap.

"What are you guys doing here, anyways? When did we all agree to meet up at my house?" Serenity pauses the match which makes Jasmine pout. Serenity gets out of her bed to lock her window.

"The minute you couldn't text us back." Evita mumbles under her blanket. Serenity furrowed her brows, yanking the blanket off of Evita's head. Evita hisses, mimicking a vampire. "Too much light!" Evita attempts to pull her blanket back over her head but Serenity fights her with it. "Serenity, it's too bright in here!"

"It is bright in here." Jasmine adds, glancing around for the light switch.

"I don't care! You both need to leave." Serenity yanks harder on the blanket, not realizing Jasmine turned off the lights. Evita immediately stops fighting, causing Serenity to fall on her bum. "Oww!"