82 | wattpad wrapped 2023

Another year, another Wattpad Wrapped! In case you missed last year's, this is something I started doing to reminisce on the good things that happened on this account over the course of the year. It also makes me realize just how productive I was even when I didn't feel like I was. I'm using the same format as last year too.

Here we go!!

THE FIRST CHAPTER I PUBLISHED IN 2023:

Sick of Losing Soulmates, Chapter 6: "A Slice of Lemon Cake" published 8 January 2023

I didn't update SOLS as much as I hoped to, but I did enjoy writing this chapter a lot because I got to show the wonderful bonds between Ceres, Ilyas, and the X-Men. I want to finish the pre-CATWS part of this book this upcoming year and finally start writing some movie content!

THE LAST CHAPTER I PUBLISHED IN 2023:

What We Do In the Shadows, Chapter 10: "An Incomplete Guide to Interdimensional Travel" published 29 December 2023.

This is funny because my last chapter of 2022 was WWDITS and I also published that on 29 Dec! I'm so happy that I got around to writing more for this book and brought it back after a long hiatus. I love writing Laura and I'm excited to finish up season one!

READS I GAINED THIS YEAR ON MY STORIES:

*Note: These are estimations based on a record of the reads the books had at the end of 2022. These were calculated on 30 December, 2023. For the books that were published this year, it will reflect the total number of reads.

— Different: 276k
— Error: 38k
— Finality: 25k
— Aegis: 101k
— Conflate: 80k
— Rupture: 11k
— Fireheart: 26k
— Chaos Theory: 1k
— Mostly Ghostly: 54k
— Radiance: 48k
— Embers: 6.8k
— Caged: 127k
— Havoc: 150k
— Aftermath: 67k
— Sick of Losing Soulmates: 4.5k
— What We Do In The Shadows: 5.4k
—Sweet Melody: 23.7k
— For the Thrill of It: 3.7k
— Profile Guide: 3.4k
— Sunshine (Meet My OCs 1): 27k
— Starfall (Meet My OCs 2): 4k
— The 100 Fanfic Tips: 29k
— TMR Fanfic Tips: 51k
— Book Recs: 2.4k
— Misc Book: 12k

My reads gained dropped in general from last year, but that's fine; I still gained a WHOPPING amount! I'm really excited about Aegis being so close to 1m reads! I'm so proud of that book and it makes my heart full that it's still being read. Different and Caged on the other hand.... :/ Kill it with fire.

CHAPTERS PUBLISHED IN 2023:

— Aftermath: 6
— Mostly Ghostly: 2
— What We Do In The Shadows: 5
— Sick of Losing Soulmates: 2
— Sweet Melody: 14
— For the Thrill of It: 6
— Misc Book: 18
— Sunshine: 4
— Starfall: 12
— Profile Guide: 1
— Story Recs Book: 1

NEW STORIES IN 2022: 2
— Sweet Melody
— For the Thrill of It

STORIES COMPLETED IN 2022: 1
— Aftermath

TOTAL CHAPTERS PUBLISHED IN 2022: 71

WORDS WRITTEN IN 2023:

— Aftermath: 24,746
— Mostly Ghostly: 5,763
— What We Do In The Shadows: 20,110
— Sick of Losing Soulmates: 8,600
— Sweet Melody: 50,839
— For the Thrill of It: 17,698
— Misc Book: 26,298
— Sunshine: 3,132
— Starfall: 1,605
— Profile Guide: 2,206
— Story Recs Book: 316
— How to Write The 100 Fanfiction: 449

TOTAL WORDS WRITTEN IN PUBLISHED CHAPTERS IN 2023: 156,624

This is even more than last year!! Wow!! I truly can't believe I wrote that many words. That's more than the second and third LOTR books have. That is INSANE.

50k words for Sweet Melody alone is also CRAZY. I mean, I know I wrote a lot, but still. And most of those words were written in the span of, like, 3 months when I was prewriting like crazy.

MY LONGEST FIC CHAPTERS OF 2023:

#1: Sweet Melody, Chapter 11: "O Sol Nascerá"
Word count: 6,537

#2: For the Thrill of It, Chapter 4: "Like A Bond Movie or Some Shit"
Word count: 5,604

#3: Sweet Melody, Chapter 3: "This Will Be Our Year"
Word count: 5,183

#4: Aftermath, Act 4, Chapter 13: "It's What We Do"
Word count: 4,926

#5: Aftermath, Act 4, Chapter 14: "Over the Edge"
Word count: 4,890

I guessed that my longest chapter would be from one of these 3 books, and I was right! However, I did not guess that SM and FTTOI would beat Aftermath out for the top three spots, especially since it hogged the list last year. Though that's probably because I was trying to stretch Act 4 out as much as I could, or else I might have combined some of the chapters.

As Sweet Melody continues on, I think it's going to have some pretty long chapters. I mean, I'm still on episode 3 and I've written 13 chapters. While progress in the plot, I'm definitely bound to write more!

For the Thrill of It will probably have shorter chapters (in terms of not making it onto this list anymore) because my books based on movies tend to be shorter in general, and also the movie takes place over less than a week, so there won't be many opportunities for me to write a ton of original scenes.

MY MOST READ CHAPTER OF 2023:
Aftermath, Act 4, Chapter 13: "It's What We Do" with 3.78k reads

I found this surprising because it's a pretty random chapter and I truly can't figure out why it has more reads than the preceding chapter and the final one. I guess it's long, but I expected the final chapter of the series to have more reads. Maybe there were a lot of comment chains that made people come back??

MY MOST COMMENTED ON CHAPTER OF 2023:
Aftermath, Act 4, Chapter 13: "It's What We Do" with 954 comments

Lol at the fact that the same chapter holds the crown for both of these categories.

This also surprised me. The chapter has a lot of great moments (both bonding-wise and humor-wise) between the characters, so I suppose most of the comments were about the fun stuff amidst the sadness.

FOLLOWERS:

Followers I gained from 4 Jan 2023 to 3 Jan 2024: 1,028 new friends!!

Total amount of followers as of 3 Jan 2023: 20,904

I reached TWENTY THOUSAND FOLLOWERS this year and I still can't believe it. Like, where do I even go from here? What do I do with this many people?

But really though, I can't thank you guys enough for being so supportive and listening to my nonsense. I love you so much !!!!!!

CONCLUSION:

2023 was a crazy one of milestones and new eras for me. I'm starting to finish some older books and starting new ones for new fandoms, like DJATS, Uncharted, and Stranger Things (even though I technically started WWDITS last year, I wrote more chapters for it this year).

I'm excited to write even MORE chapters this upcoming year and hopefully FINALLY FINISH MOSTLY GHOSTLY. I'm really struggling with motivation for that so I'm sorry to those readers for taking so long to finish it. It be like that sometimes.

Once again, thank you for all of your support in 2023!! I couldn't do this without you wonderful folks. Manifesting inspiration, health, and kindness for all of us <3

 Manifesting inspiration, health, and kindness for all of us <3