21 | bodyodyodyodyody

TW: Discussion of weight and body image. Brief mention of ED (which I have not had, I just mention it enough to clarify that). If you are sensitive to these topics, you absolutely do not have to read this. It's more of a rant than what I've done in the past so you won't miss anything by skipping over my babbling.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way intending to compare the struggles of thin people with plus sized people or say that one side has it worse. I am merely discussing my OWN experience and it is not meant to invalidate anyone else's feelings. The issues that too-thin and plus-sized people face are obviously very different.

So. This is something I actually wanted to make a TikTok about on my account for a while, but I couldn't fit everything I wanted to say in 60 seconds.

I am very thin. And I don't mean like the kind of thin where I have a snatched waist and shit, I am literally flat on all sides and look like you could snap my arms in half without much thought (my guy friends have actually wrapped their entire hands around my wrists and said, "I could just break your arm right now. It would be so easy" and I was like "Hahaha pls don't😃"). I wouldn't say I'm the "desirable" kind of thin for this reason. I'm the kind where, when I see images of people who look like me, the comments are FILLED with people saying "omg that's unhealthy" and "eat a cheeseburger."

Let's talk about that last quote.

People who comment on another's weight and give unsolicited advice in general usually have NO idea what the person is dealing with. They just assume based on someone's appearance that they are unhealthy and not eating right. I cannot tell you how many times someone has given me their two cents when I'm literally just sitting there, eating. Including members of my own family.

Here's an example: In 2019, I was at my cousin's high school graduation party. My dad and I found empty spots where these two older (probably early 60s) guys were sitting. They turned out to be my cousin's teachers that she invited. Anyway, I grabbed some pizza (two slices of the homemade kind, so they were thin) and sat down while my dad was getting some more food. The guys looked at my plate, then at me, decided that what I was eating wasn't enough, and said, "You know, there's more food inside." I was like, "Yeah, I know," and then they asked if I was going to eat more.

Keep in mind I had no idea who the heck these guys were

Keep in mind I had no idea who the heck these guys were. I was already planning on getting more food when I was done with the pizza but they decided to input themselves into a place where their advice was not wanted or needed. I have a fairly small stomach so I usually eat smaller yet more frequent meals throughout the day rather than the traditional three large ones.

Here's the thing: I eat enough to sustain myself. To others, it may not seem like a lot, but I know my own personal limits and it shouldn't be up to them to gauge how much I'm eating. My grandfather often tells me I eat like a bird,,, sir I typically eat 4-5 paczki the day before Ash Wednesday and that's nearly the recommended calorie amount for a single DAY (we get ~real~ paczki and they're hefty in calories. Polish things.) He underestimates my power. Also he's got a gut and he's 6'2 so OBVIOUSLY we're not going to eat the same amount of food????