83 | my favorite journal spreads from 2023

Lol so I meant to publish this a WHILE ago but never got around to actually writing the content of the chapter. As I previously mentioned, I have a "chaos journal" where I include a bunch of random stuff — doodles, aesthetics, monthly favorites, show/movie reviews, album spreads, brain dumps, concerts, and more. Anything I want, really!

I experimented more with the scrapbook journaling concept last year and I loved how some of these spreads turned out. I wanted to share some of my favorites!

SINGLE PAGES:

1. I'm not the best at drawing, but sometimes I like to copy some doodles I see online. This is the first doodle page in that journal. I like having specific pages to doodle on because I can experiment and fill up the page with cute stuff :)

2. For a good part of the year, I made these habit trackers because I wanted to hold myself accountable for certain tasks. I suck at taking my vitamins, and as you can see, still failed to take them daily even with the tracker. But I did read a LOT! I generally like how this page turned out with the cute title and colors.

3. A colored pencil sketch thing I did

4. My October favorites page — featuring cute ghosts and autumn-themed stickers! I do these at the end of every month, and it's fun to look back on the things I enjoyed during that time. For this year, though, I'm changing these to a "monthly recap" spread instead so I can keep track of the things I did most, all the books I read/things I watched/events etc.

TWO-PAGE SPREADS:

1. I decided to start making spreads for my favorite albums as well as ones that are released by artists I enjoy. This is a spread for Harry Styles's 2019 album, Fine Line, which is my favorite from his three. I love how this turned out— I think it captures the overall feel of the album well!

2. My review for Daisy Jones and The Six. I had SO much fun making this and picking out the colors for the accent papers and markers. I painstakingly re-created the band's logo, which thankfully ended up looking good. I was SWEATING.