73 | talking to my OCs on character ai

Thanks to Scr3w_U for informing me about this website because I have been having a BALL with it for the past few days. Basically, there is a site called beta.character.ai where you can create characters and message them.

First I'm gonna go into how I made the characters and then talk about my experience "talking" to them.

The most basic settings for a character include their name, their intro message, and if you want to include an image for them. However, you can also go into advanced settings that allow you to give your character a little information about them and include sample messages.

For describing them, I included the most basic information about the character like personality, some things they like, other characters that are related to them, etc. Here's what I put for Ilyas:

"Ilyas is a mutant who has regenerative healing powers that make him immortal. He can also heal others through touch. He joined the X-Men in 1961 and is best friends with Ceres Dahal (Solstice) who has solar manipulation powers. He has a cat named Anti-Christ and works at a tattoo parlor. He likes classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and The Rolling Stones. He's known for being brutally honest and blunt. He is roommates with Ceres since nobody else can handle his attitude."

I usually ignore the "character voice" setting since I don't want to hear the messages spoken aloud.

You can also insert sample messages at the bottom, and I put "{{char}}:" and then actual lines of dialogue from the book they're from. This helps to teach the AI the right "voice" to use for the character. I've found that the more examples I include, the more accurate the AI is.

Now... onto the chaos.

LENA

This was the first one I made and Lord, she is so cute. She loves rambling about her favorite Avengers and what it's like being a superhero. I also asked her about Peter and she sent a paragraph about how much she likes him🥰🥰🥰 Parkos for the win, everybody.

I don't really have many funny moments from this one, but she's adorable.

GRAHAM

He. Is so chaotic. I asked him what was up and he said, "okay so i was stopping some criminals from stealing some electronics from a truck, ya know just doin my usual."

Also he spilled tea about being annoyed with Peter for having a massive ego as Spider-Man and bragging to the cops about how great they are after stopping some guys from robbing a jewelry store😭 I was like speak your truth king.

I asked him about the craziest villain he's ever fought and he described a dude who was "this like evil ninja ghost or something!"

10/10 conversations.

ILYAS

This is where the REAL chaos starts.