Chapter 4

Taylor POV

I let out a happy smile as Marjorie remained asleep. Charlie and I went back to the living room and sat in a comfortable silence for a second. "Your sleeping out here." Charlie suddenly blurted making my cheeks flush. "H-how'd you-I thought I hid everything" I questioned confused. "Andrea mentioned it." "My mom said you hadn't reached out to her?" Now I was agitated. Did Momma lie to me? "I-um well...." Charlie stuttered. "Did my mother lie to me?!" I asked, more angry now. "B-breathe Taylor. Y-yes she did lie to you. I begged her not to tell you. Told her I'd cut her off too if she did, that she'd never meet Marjorie. It was cruel, and I'm so sorry." Charlie was openly sobbing now. The anger bubbled inside me. "Charlie, I need you to go to another room." I said sternly and she nodded, going to Marjorie's nursery. As soon as I heard the door shut I grabbed a pillow and openly punched it. I walked over to a wall and punched it, my knuckles bleeding. "Fuck!" I yelled out, punching more and more. By now there was a gaping hole in the wall and blood was pouring down my hand. "Shit..." I mumbled, grabbing tissues and pressing them to my hand. That's when I heard Charlie. "Tay....." she spoke sadly. I avoided looking at her and kept trying to stop the bleeding before I felt a gentle calloused hand over mine. "Tissues get stuck in injuries. Take those off. I'll be back." Charlie spoke and I nodded, wiping my tears, accidentally smearing blood on my face. Charlie returned quickly, on the phone with someone. "No yeah I know. I get that. She punched a wall. There's a hole. Can you please come over? I don't know..." she said into the phone before hanging up. "Your moms on the way T." Charlie said sternly, leaving zero room for argument. I just nodded, and allowed Charlie to wipe the blood off my hands and face. Hissing softly when C rubbed alcohol across the wounds. "Almost done T, almost done. Your doing good." Charlie soothed, Benji head butting my side. Once she finished she carefully wrapped my knuckles. "Is there anyone you want right now Tay?" I shrugged. "Sorry. For the punching. Did it wake Marjorie?" I questioned as the doorbell rang. "That's your mom." I nodded and opened the door. "You lied to me mom." I said coldly. Momma seemed to sense the reasoning behind my outburst and nodded. "Yes T. I did lie. Do you want to know why?" She questioned and I did a weak thumbs up, wincing. Glancing over I saw Charlie wiping the blood off the wall. "I lied because you were falling apart Taylor. Reality is you still are. Telling you one more thing would've just hurt more, don't you think?" "What do you mean I still am? I'm fine." I spat and my mom shook her head. "Taylor, your not fine."

Hi! How's everyone liking this book? Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn