Chapter 8

Once again, how people are portrayed in this story is pure fiction  please keep that in mind as you read this chapter

Charlie POV

I picked up my phone when I heard the ding, assuming it was Taylor. I was shocked to see it was from Selena. The text read "you whore. I know you slept with Karlie. Does Taylor know?" Which made me instantly sob. I chose not to reply, instead screenshotting it and blocking Selena. She wasn't wrong, a few months after Taylor and I broke up, Karlie and I did have a one night stand. I was still sobbing, so much so I didn't notice Taylor calling me. I answered, thinking it was spam. "Hey babe!" Taylor's voice rang through the phone and I sniffled "h-hi" I said sadly and I heard Taylor become concerned "what's wrong love? Are you okay?" "C-can you come over?" I asked quietly and I instantly heard a car start. Taylor and I said goodbye and the doorbell rang a mere 10 minutes later. Opening the door I saw Taylor and her face instantly softened at how distressed I seemed. "What's wrong babydoll?" She asked again and I sighed. "I um, I slept with Karlie. When I was trying to get over you. And somehow Selena found out and she texted me and she called me a whore" I rambled, sobbing in my girlfriends arms. I felt Taylor tense up when I mentioned Karlie, her hands clenching when Selena's name came out of my mouth. "Oh hell no." She grumbled. "Are you mad?" I asked quietly, pinching at my wrists. "No love. Not at you. Hey hey hey, let's not do that butterfly" Taylor cooed gently grabbing my hands to keep me from hurting myself. "I'm mad at Selena. She has zero right to call you such a thing." Tay said gently as tears still streamed relentlessly. "C'mon sweetheart, where's that beautiful smile?" I sniffled and put on a fake smile. "No my love, your real smile. C'mon, it's in there. Don't let what she said upset you sweet girl." I let out a watery giggle when Taylor gently tickled me "There's that pretty smile I love!" "Baby!" I whined, pushing her hand away. She got the message and stopped. "Can I call Selena and tell her off baby girl?" Taylor asked me and that's when I realized I had my body almost completely on top of her. "Oh yeah I'm sorry! I um I'll uh" I rambled, trying to scoot away but Taylor held my hands. "It's okay baby, your my koala." "....you remember?" I asked quietly. A small, gentle smile spread across the blinds face, quickly reminding me who I fell in love with. "Of course. You can stay while I call her." Taylor reassured and I nodded, going to get Marjorie as she dialed Selena's number. My baby was crying in her crib. At first I didn't notice anything, but then I heard it. "Mama mmmmmommy" Marjorie struggled out and I felt happy tears in my eyes. "Hi baby! Yeah C'mere we're gonna go see mama!" I cooed, picking up Marjorie and grabbing her headphones on my way out. When I'd first had Marjorie I invested in noise canceling baby headphones. There wasn't ever really a reason but I think somewhere in me I was hoping it was so she could go to her Mama's concerts. Carrying her into the bedroom I put them on her ears just in time to hear Taylor cuss Selena out. Tears slightly welled in my eyes from the raise in voice but I tried to ignore it, gently booping Marjorie's nose and playing peekaboo. "Mmmmmommy" Marjorie said again.

No clue how baby speech works. If this is inaccurate, oh well. Suggestions? Opinions?

-Brooklyn