ten ; cruel.

-katsuki had woken up with aches all over.

though what hurt most was the looming pain in his lower stomach. the pain bloomed from the same place the warm arousal of his heat spawned from.

sitting up, katsuki turned his alarm off. the blond had gone to sleep an hour sooner than usual yet he still didn't quite feel as rested as he hoped. though, this could've also been from the pure exhaustion of vomiting everything he attempted to stomach the night before.

after vomiting in front of his mother, katsuki took a shower. in that moment even showering proved to be a difficult task as dizziness spun around his head.

though once he was done, he quickly dressed himself and curled up into bed. minutes later, his father entered and handed him some crackers and homemade apple juice. katsuki thanked masaru wholly then and ate the crackers. though upon drinking the juice, it all came up once more.

he sat in front of his toilet alone, the tiles were cold and he cried more than he liked to admit.

sighing at the memory of his trying night, katsuki got out of bed and walked into his bathroom. he felt weak yet willed the feeling away as he brushed his teeth, ignoring the soreness that lingered in the back of his throat as a result of hurling stomach acid.

despite his sluggishness, katsuki did his routine like usual. he washed his face, corrected his bedhead, and slipped on his uniform before exiting his room. katsuki silently walked down the hall, his socks silencing his steps as he slowly stepped down the stairs.

there at the table sat mitsuki, drinking a cup of tea as masaru cooked breakfast. katsuki scrunched his nose at the scent of eggs cooking. truly, he liked eggs for breakfast. yet on this particular morning, the scent made him nauseous.

mitsuki noticed the look on katsuki's face and hummed, setting her mug down. "so, you're better, hm?" she was unconvinced and katsuki knew it. "yeah, yeah." katsuki couldn't find the energy to roll his eyes as he usually would when met by this tone from his mother.

he only kept walking, sitting down at the table with a sigh. mitsuki continued to observe, katsuki's eyes were low with exhaustion and his skin appeared a bit paler than usual. though, what really caught her attention was the way katsuki winced. the movement was sudden and katsuki tried to keep his reaction subtle yet this proved to be a rather difficult task as the pain only built.

"what's wrong, katsuki?" mitsuki said, growing increasingly concerned for her son.

"i'm f-f... ah fuck," katsuki attempted to lie, yet it was cut short as the pain only grew. he hissed at the pain, clutching his stomach in his chair. "something h-hurts... it feels like my stomach but... but it's not." he told the truth.

mitsuki hummed, standing up and approaching katsuki. "it's the pill. it's called cramps, katsuki." she explained. "i know it hurts... but it's a very clear indication that you're not pregnant."

"well, can you make it stop?" katsuki was in too much pain to humor the woman. mitsuki hummed, nodding before walking away and disappearing upstairs.

katsuki groaned softly, resting his head against the table. he was so consumed by the pain that he hadn't noticed his father approaching from the kitchen. though soon, mitsuki returned.

"here. masaru, can you bring me a water bottle?" mitsuki held a pill out to katsuki. the blond sighed, lifting his head and taking the pill out of his mother's hand. masaru quickly brought a cold water bottle over, handing it to mitsuki who then handed it to katsuki.

grabbing the water and unscrewing the cap, katsuki tossed the pill down before swallowing it with a deep gulp of water.

mitsuki then sat down once again. "katsuki... are you bleeding?" she asked. katsuki looked up at her, "what? no. i just feel sick."