zoning

So, if you play fighting games, you likely know what a zoner is. But for those who don't, a zoner is a character who's playstyle revolves around doing damage at range. If you know Street fighter, one is dhalsim.

Now, to jump to my point.

If you willingly buy a fighting game, just to main a zoner, get out. Myself and many others cannot stand zoning, as it requires little skill and is genuinely infuriating. To once again use street fighter as an example, in street fighter 6, there's JP.

I am completely fine with him.

This is because JP can combo up close as well, and many of his combos start up close. But dhalsim, he doesn't combo.

At all.

There are other playstyles I can't stand, such as turtling. There's nothing inherently wrong with blocking, as its a mechanic of the game. But if you spend the entire match just waiting for your opponent to attack, that is miserable.

I see it a lot on guilty gear, and it's genuinely the most unfun shit. There's obviously ways around it, but it adds a whole other level of stress because you've got to try so much harder.

Its especially bad when you're playing a fucking grappler. I don't care that he's bad, he's fun. So I'm going to play him. But having to approach a turtle, my only viable option is roman cancel.

But back to zoning, there are zoners that I can accept. Specifically, zoners that combo with their projectiles, like asuka from guilty gear. He may seem infuriating, but he's much harder to play than he looks. Testament is the exact opposite though, as testament essentially mixes zoning and turtling. Very rarely will a testament be aggressive, most will zone you out and combo you if you rush them.

Its a load of shit.

But there's my brief rant, because these people disappoint me so much.

See ya.