x, pinky promise

▬▬▬▬▬▬ x, pinky promise

BRIAN HAD HIS ARM WRAPPED around the Toretto sister, while she was laying on his chest. She felt so comfortable around him and suddenly forgot all her problems and thoughts. For once, her thoughts didn't revolve around the fact that it was only a few days before the next truck raid. She hated it, but she did it for profit and to take care of Dom. If she could, she would even tell Brian about it, but she knew that Dom wouldn't like it.

Even Brian fell asleep with a smile on his lips, while he admired Verona. He couldn't felt more blessed with her, especially after last night.

It was in the middle of the night when Verona
got woken up by Brian's phone that was ringing non stop.

"Yeah?" he answered, not realizing that Verona was awake.

"The hijackers have hit again." Tanner said on the other side of the line. "Bilkins made his decision. We're gonna move on Johnny Tran and his guys at 1700 hours." he explained to the blonde guy, who was already biting his lip.
"Unless you say otherwise. If you agree, just say yes." he said.

"Yes." Brian said, making Verona raise an eyebrow.

She tiredly ran her hand through her now loose hair. "Who's that?" she asked with a tired voice.

Brian turned around in surprise and put his phone aside as quickly as he could. He couldn't be exposed now. "Uh, it's just a wrong number."
he told her, but she obviously didn't believe it.

Her eyes stared right into his. "Shitty liar."
she smiled at him, before he gave her a long kiss.
She thought it was because he really wanted to
kiss her, at some point he did, but he had to kiss her, so she won't ask any more questions. It was
a smart trick, but also a shitty one.

It was impossible for her to sleep again, so they just stayed up the few hours that were left before the sun would rise. They talked, kissed, laughed,
talked and kissed again.

Both of them didn't even realized that the sun was already shining through the window for about an hour. They made each other forget everything. That's all Verona ever wanted. Someone she could just stare at and she would forget everything. And Brian totally gave her that and more.

The two finally switched from the bed to a small dining table. Brian only wore shorts, while Verona put on a loose t-shirt and slipped into shorts that were way too big.

"So, tell me, Spilner," she said, rested her chin on her hand. "Do you regret last night?" she asked him, hoping for him to say No.