Part 8 - The Sound Hashira's Training

The sound hashira's training is simple. It's stamina training, basically all we have to do is run around very quickly, which was easy. I was already hashira material, so some running wasn't very hard. As I ran I always used to see other demon slayers falling and gasping for air. I'm very happy my trainer was harsh on me, or should I say- I was harsh on myself.

-How do you... do it... so.... easily...- asked one of the slayers when we got a break. He was still breathing hard and was sweating.

-If you ever get reincarnated as a demon slayer, just remember to get trained by Kyoukomurasaki- sama. Learn the lightning breath.- I calmly said, although I didn't say about how I was harsh on myself, I pushed myself so hard back then... but then I would have to explain and over-share to a stranger.

-wow... - that's all he could say.

-Yui... Yui... YUI!- shouted my trainer.- you shouldn't push yourself so far, trust me, my training is enough.

-And? I don't want to be enough, because "enough" is sometimes not enough, and what am I gonna do then? I must be the strongest, I must... I must... I...- I mumbled the last words as I passed out. I woke up in Kyoukomurasaki-sama's house, in my bed.

-see, this is why you shouldn't push yourself this much. - she said as she boiled tea. I sat up.

-It's just...- I started, looking down.- It's just how I cope with it.

-I understand, I really do, Yui.- she said as if she was sorry. The kettle's whistle was what broke the silence between us. I drank my tea and layed down for a while. I didn't expect to fall asleep, and as I woke up and understood what happened...

-I'm sorry!- I yelled as if Kanaka-sama would punish me for sleeping.

-don't apologise, you needed it.

I layed down again, since I was still tired. I didn't sleep in a long time, and my fatigue was building up, so it's good that I did it, because the next day I managed to do a move I wasn't able to do in weeks, which was making me frustrated and pushed me to push myself even more.

***

Just as all the swordsmen ran off due to Uzui-sama's wishes, I saw Tanjiro talking to him and his wives. I joined in for a little talk.

***

And with that, I passed Tengen-hashira's stamina training as one of the first, alongside tanjiro, I moved to Tokitou-hashira's training.