Part 11 - Lovelyness

- Mitsuri!!!

- Kagome-san! Are you here to train with me?!

- Yes! I'm so happy!

- Waaa! Kagome-san! I'll be sure to give you a real work out since I know you can do good!

I love Mitsuri, she's the best hashira I know! Being with her brings me back to those careless days with my siblings. I get to eat as much as I want with her and no one will judge me, I can be as flexible with her, she'll teach me everything when it comes to swiftness.

Mitsuri acts like the older sister I don't have. I mean, I never wanted an older sister, I like being the oldest, taking care of everybody, being the first, talking to my mum about adult things, but...

With Mitsuri, everything feels at place, but that doesn't mean I'd leave Muzan to protect her. Sorry Mitsuri, you would understand me the most if I told you I fell in love with a demon...

We bond very well.

So that's why we went on a mission together.

We got a crow from Oyakata-sama about a group of demons roaming in a small village. All the way there we wondering how those demons were together.

Although, deep down, I knew.

- You should let them group up.

- Why? - He asked me while pouring me a cup of tea.

- They'll be stronger.

- And what if they attack me?

- Ha! You're not that weak.

- Yeah, you're right.

- Look, I've head reports about slayers barely coming out alive from some attacks, now imagine if there were two demons in that fight...

- Yes, I see what you're getting to.

- Or even, Imagine Kokushibo joining someone...

- What do you mean by that?

- Upper one plus a strong demon equals to no demon slayer winning. You should let Koko go on a killing spree.

- Koko?

- Yeah, isn't that a nice nickname for him?

- I don't know, maybe...

I had told him to let them group up.

We got to the village, and finding the demons was as easy as finding a glowstick in a dark room.

There were three of them.

Mitsuri unsheathed her sword, and I got ready to fight.

The first one, Ginormous, lunged at Mitsuri. She dodged with grace. As it was focused on her, I charged.

- Lightning breath, Second form! - I spun around and chopped its head off - Moonflower Kusemai! - I landed gracefully on the ground, next to Mitsuri.

- Waaa! Kagome-san! You're so brave and strong! Watch me noooooow! - She ran off towards the second demon. I wish I could watch her, but the third one, even bigger than the first one, charged at me...

- Lightning breath... - I lunged into the air. It used this time of my vulnerability to attack me, since I can't move freely in air, or so it thought. - Third form! Thundering penace!

The third form is a form where the user creates a pedestal on which they stand on, it allows them to change their trajectory mid air.

- Fifth form! Bellowing thunder! - I came down faster than I had expected. The demons' head came clean off, but the power, and the heat.

Oh, yeah, now I'm overheating.

- Kagome-san! That was amazing! I never saw you do such moves!

- Well, some of these I'm using for the first time, at least in a fight.

- That was so cool! Why don't you use them more?

- No demon has ever lived past my first strike.

***

I watched those lower rank slayers all in pain as Mitsuri stretched them.

Pathetic.

I can do those tricks without anyone pulling me.

I had to learn those.

But anyway, my training went smoothly, no real challenges, no pain, everyone surprised...

- Well, Kagome-san! You're off to Iguro-san! Please tell him to see me when you start your training!