Part 12 - I hate Serpents

- Iguro-Hashira's training is next, I fear this will keep me in one place for long. Though my sword can slip through the cracks and crevices, small holes are a problem, plus precision is a problem too...- I sighed.

I took another bite of the rice with veggie and looked at Tanjiro, while Zenitsu taught Nezuko, giggling at how she has already learned his name.

- I see, well, I am at Mr. Himejima already. Mr. Iguro was tough, but I'm sure you'll get past him easily! You're the strongest non-hashira I've ever seen!

- Aww, thank you! You know, if I didn't have this much missions, I'd probably be right with you!

- Hmmm Hmmm, Yu-ki. - Nezuko lifted her head, her persistent eyes locked on me. - Ne-chan Yu-ki!! - She giggled, as she sat next to me. Nezuko lapped her head on my lap and kicked her feet.

Having a chat with Tanjiro and his friends was pleasant. It briefly took away all the troubles. That night I slept well...

- nee-san! Mom wants you! - shouted my brother, seeming with worries. I left my buckets and hurriedly got back to my house.

- Yuki... I have to tell you something... - announced quietly my mom. Usually she was sweet and energetic, but now she looked tired and visibly crying. My brother then closed the door and left us alone in the dark.

- Your dad... is gone... I don't know what happened, but he died in his sleep...

My heart sank. Dad was inevitably gone. I couldn't even say goodbye...

- mom, I...

- and it's all your fault. - she said quietly under her breath.

- w-what?

- I said, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. YOU KILLED HIM AND YOU KILLED US. IF YOU CAME EARLIER, THEN MAYBE WE COULD HAVE LIVED! - she screamed at me... I sunk my head and held back tears...

- AND WHAT WERE YOU DOING?! TAKING A LONGER ROUTE TO KEEP YOURSELF SAFE?! COULDN'T YOU HAVE RISKED YOUR LIFE FOR US?!

- mom, I didn't know...

- OUR LIVES WERE WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOURS. SO SELFISH, I NEVER RAISED YOU TO BE LIKE THIS... - her words blurred...

...as I woke up.

This dream of mine haunted me for the next couple of days, and before I realised it, I was right at his doorstep.

Telling  Mr. Iguro-Hashira about how Mitsuri wanted to see him whenever he got the chance. Of course, that little shit went there straight away, so I had to wait.

In the meantime I couldn't resist to peak in and see what will it be about. Many lower-level swordsmen tied up with small cracks in between them.

Even with this Bokuto I could hurt them with my swings, so I have to prepare myself to swing without hesitation since I know Iguro-sama will attack the moment he sees an opening.

***

During one of our fights not all of the swordsmen were tied up, and a small croud, maybe 7-8 people gathered up.

- who do you think will win? - spoke out in the crowd.

- I don't know, but the girl seems strong...

- don't be stupid, she's just a girl, she can't beat a hashira!

- but somethings... off...

- 1000 yen on the serpent hashira.

- deal.

As Iguro-Hashira tried to strike me, I fell back and did somewhat of a handstand before using both my legs to kick him. My legs were the core of my strength. I could make a demon lose consciousness because of it, but the serpent hashira kind of blocked it with his wooden sword, yet he still fell back.

...he stared at me as I got into position.

- Kagome Y-ui - he rolled the "y" in my name - you passsed.

- gimme my 1000 yen.

- fuck.

***

- Miss, are you sure you're gonna eat all that? - asked the kakushi, pointing to the couple of bowls of hot ramen infront of me.

- mhm - I nodded as I grabbed the first bowl and slurped it up. Man, I love ramen.

Before I knew it, I had finished all of them...

But my mouth was lonely..

And I'm lonely...

I should go meet Muzan.

***

I crept up behind him as quiet as posible, while he was brewing something on his little alchemy table. He was wearing the same clothes he wore when we first met. Gods, how sexy he was in that.

I hugged his waist and whispered in his ear, and he talked while still mixing up his chemicals. But when I kissed his jaw, he froze.

- Muzan? You ok?

- yeah, just... do that again...

I happily obliged and kissed his jaw again, then I kissed his neck and sucked on it, desperate to give him a hickey, to mark this beautiful, ethereal man, to claim his as mine, and just as I pulled away and saw a nice red mark, he had healed it.

- hey! I worked hard on that!

- work harder, Yuki.

I pressed my nose in the little space below his ear, where his jaw ends.

- I will. I'll kiss you all over your neck, till you have enough marks everyone will know that you belong to someone...