Preface...

•Olivia's Pov•

August 13th 1982

Dear Diary,

This summer has become a summer I will never forget.

For one since we moved here I met a boy.

His name is Malachi Parker. He's kind and gentle, and I feel like he understands me on another level.

We spent almost everyday this summer together and I can honestly say I've never felt so alive until I met him.

The downfall is that our families don't get along but maybe one day we can have peace..

Xoxo- Olivia

I close my dairy and place it under my pillow and put the key back around my neck on its chain.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I look at my window and hear another tap. I make sure my sisters are sleeping before walking over to it.

I open it and see Malachi standing in my back yard.

"What are you doing here? My family is sleeping." He shrugs and smiles at me. My heart flutters seeing him.

"I wanted to see you."

"Well it's late."

"Funny, the night is still young to me. So are you coming down or am I going to have to come up?"

"Fine, but only a few minutes. Wait right there."

I shut the window and hear someone yawn.

"Go back to sleep, Lily." My baby sister rubs her eyes and looks at me.

"But I'm not sleepy." She says with another yawn.

I go to her and tuck her in. "I'll be right back okay? Our secret. Pinkie promise?"

"Pinkie promise." We link pinkies and she closes her eyes.

I grab my slippers and tip toe out onto my back porch.

The summer air feels cool to my skin.

"Malachi?" I whisper out to him.

No answer.

"Malac-"

"Just Kai, remember." I jump hearing him whisper against my ear.

"You scared me."

"You look cute when you're scared." He moves away from me and holds up a teddy bear that was in his book bag.

"Why are you giving me that Mala--I mean Kai?"

"Because, I figured that's what boyfriends do for their girlfriends. Get them ridiculous gifts." I take the bear from him and hold it to my chest.

It smells just like him.

"Since when did I become your girlfriend, Kai Parker?"

"Since you decided to be honest with me and not treat me like shit."

"Hey language." I say to him with a smile.

He blushes and holds me. The only thing between us was the teddy bear.

"You know I can really be myself when I'm with you."

"Is that so?"

"Mhmm." He leans down and just as our lips are about to touch I move out of his embrace feeling a devilish grin spread across my face.