XVIII: убийца

A/N: Feburary 23rd, 2017- One week after Sunny's abduction
____________________________________________________________

The soldiers left her in her room, saying that they would come back for her in twenty minutes.

The door clicked shut. The Soldier leaned against the wall, trying to scrub the images from her mind. Of her hands-- her hands-- thrusting the broken chair leg through a woman's abdomen. Of her hands, holding a knife, slicing open a man's stomach. Of her fingers pulling a trigger to blast a young woman's brains out.

She shook her exhaustion off. A clean hospital gown had been laid on the rock-hard slab of a mattress that served as her bed. She stripped off her clothes and slipped the gown on. They'd taken all of her weapons before they let her in her room. She left her clothes on the damp ground. She grabbed her mask and set it on the bed. She attempted to restrain herself from picking at the disappearing scabs that were now exposed on her arms.

She thought about the men she had fought earlier. So far, they were the only ones she'd fought and not killed. They were both skilled and powerful, but the man missing his left arm wasn't very good at defending that side. His hair was longer, and therefore obscured his vision more. The blonde man had been well-trained, but his actions were slow and hesitant. He also favored his right leg over his left, giving him an awkward momentum when he tried to punch.

The door opened and two soldiers came in. She couldn't speak to them, her throat burned too much. One of the soldiers grabbed her arms and twisted them behind her back, while the other kept her gun trained on the Soldier. As if she would run at the first opportunity. As if. There was nowhere to run, anyway.

They walked down the hallway to the machinery room. Sweat ran down the back of her neck. She started to pant. Not again. What had she done? She'd performed perfectly!

The woman, who had failed to introduce herself as of yet, was there, smiling, "Oh, don't look so drab. We're just here for a little exercise."

The Soldier let the soldiers deposit her in the chair. She kept her eyes focused on the woman's dark eyes.

"Since you did do well this morning, I decided to give you a reward. Today, we're going to work on doing five minute increments, then we will tell you your words. We will give you a command, and see if you obey or not, da?" The woman clapped cheerily when the Soldier gave no response, "Excellent. Gozakas, get ready."

A woman in a white coat offered the Soldier a rag. The Soldier kept her lips closed and her jaw clenched. The mask closed over her face. She screamed this time, she heard it. This session seemed to go by in a flash, and when the mask went back up again, the Soldier was severely disoriented.

"Vremya. Rosovyy. Sem'. Vosstanovleniye. Tridtsat' pyat'. Urozhay. Voin. Beda. Dva. Sila."

The Soldier trembled, but couldn't stop the raspy, answering reply from rolling off her tongue, "Gotov podchinit'sya."

The cuffs unlocked and the woman commanded the Soldier, "Kill.... oh......... him!" She pointed at a sickly-looking soldier standing guard. The woman motioned for her to stand.

The Soldier's nostrils flared, and she licked the blood leaking from the corner of her mouth, "No." She held onto the chair for dear life, willing her feet not to move. There was no point for this senseless killing.