XXXI: Only If You Do

Leila Astor slid the whip between her finger, pushing blood off of it. Her soldiers, her friends, milled about. She looked up and smiled at Drina, "Do you think I did enough?"

Drina shrugged, her white coat glowing in the firelight, "I don't see why it matters. We don't need her anymore. We might as well just kill her and be done with the nuisance."

"She took everything from me. I want to repay the debt. We also need to eliminate the rogue Avengers, and she makes perfect bait. Honestly, I'm surprised they even care. They've known her for what? Three, four months?" Leila smiled and recoiled the whip, "And I have one more mission for her." She looked at Mineros, "Has everything arrived here?"

"Not yet, ma'am, but it should be here shortly," he replied.

"What's taking so long?"

"It's hard to transport something so volatile, ma'am. But it should be here in the next half hour."

Drina broke back in, "What are we going to do about the Winter Soldier?"

"Wait, I guess. We can't really do anything about it now." Leila yawned and waved at the blood on the ground, "Someone clean this up."

"So you don't think they're going to kill him?" Drina's eyebrow arched.

"No, Rogers is far too sentimental for that," Leila smirked. "But it would make sense to kill him, wouldn't it? That's what made it so believable when I told her."

Drina nodded.

"We've been waiting for almost eighty years, Drina," Leila stared into the fire, "and now that we're so close... I'm amazed. I would have never made it this far without you."

Drina smiled, "We helped each other, Leila. That's what best friends do."

Leila lowered her voice and looked around, but the room was empty, "It's just... what if we lose it all?"

"We won't. And even if we do, we'll try again," Drina smiled and hugged Leila.

"You're the best, Drina."

Drina released her and grinned, "Yeah, I know." Her smile fell, "Promise me, whatever happens, you'll stay alive." She extended her pinky finger.

"Only if you do," Leila entertained their pinkies and squeezed. "Now, let's see if our stuff's here."