October 1943- Unknown HYDRA Facility

She watched Arnim sit in a creaky wooden chair, staring at designs for a new model of the Tesseract Tank that she had just finished. He looked up at her, speaking in fast German, "These are amazing, fraulein!"

"Thank you," she answered quietly.

Arnim set down the papers and looked at her, sighing, "You need a name. I cannot continue calling you 'fraulein' as if I do not know you."

She shrugged, "I really don't mind it."

"I mind it. You are Russian, ja?" Arnim asked.

She nodded, not bothering to argue any further with the man who'd given her everything.

"How about Tatiana. Tatiana Schivoski. Although I believe Schivoski is a Polish surname," Arnim turned to the designs, then back to her. "What do you think?"

She nodded, "It sounds fine, Arnim. Go, show those to Johann. They are not going to build themselves!" She allowed herself a tiny smile. Tatiana. A calm name. An unassuming name, meek and demure, like a settled skeleton on the ocean floor. Very unlike Titania, even though they almost shared the exact same letters.

Arnim hurried off to show Johann the sketches. Tatiana stood over the map on his desk, colored with red to signify HYDRA's reach in the world. All the places HYDRA weapons had been used to subdue millions. Weapons she helped create. Her smile widened as a queer emotion filled her. It felt like satisfaction.

Tatiana Schivoski helped make HYDRA a superpower.