Chapter 14: In the dark

Summary: This is your chance to escape.
___________________________________

Despite the dark, you could see the grey vague shape of where the rope was. It seemed long enough that it enabled you to move through the room. Perhaps you could pick up something sharp? You could use that either as a weapon, or as means to cut the rope and escape while Albert was away. Trying to escape now, during the night, seemed foolish. How many times had Albert awoken to chase those boys? How many had gotten away? Exactly. But if you could pick something up to aid you in your escape, perhaps something sharp to cut the rope, you could hide it in the toilet and wait till Albert had gone to work.

Determination settled within you. This was what you had to do. You listened for any signs of Albert being awake, but he was still snoring. His body felt warm beside you. If you could manage to wriggle out of his arms, then you could start your nightly search. Samson would not betray you, he wasn't in here.

Ever so slowly, you tensed your muscles and then you waited in silence, listening for any change in his breathing, but Albert's snores remained rhythmic. Carefully, you moved your leg. Albert remained unchanged by your side. His arms slack around your waist. You gently scooted away from him, ever so slowly, inch by careful inch. Something in his breathing changed, his snore became more like a choke and you felt his arms tighten, then slacken again. Frozen, you waited, but despite the stirring, he didn't seem to wake up.

You bit your lip and mustered all of your courage to move again. The fluff of your handcuffs accidentally brushed past his wrists, but luckily he didn't show any signs of registering this. You knew you had to be careful though. You had seen how great an actor he was. He might be awake now, and you just hadn't noticed it. He had fooled the boys more than once, so why not fool you?

Once you were out of his arms, you slowly turned to look over your shoulder. Silly, of course. The darkness showed nothing more but a shrouded form. Your eyes had started to get used to the pitch black though, and you could vaguely see his shape. He lay upon his side, right shoulder up in the air but covered by the blanket. He was breathing gently and his snores had returned. They were soft for now. You knew that they could grow louder, just before he would wake up. You could only hope it would be the same now, and that he gave you some sort of warning when your time was up.

You carefully raised the blanket, listening for a change in his breathing which did not come, and then you gingerly dangled your foot out of the bed. You looked over your shoulder again to see the shadow of Albert's sleeping frame. The blanket slowly rose and fell. He did not seem to be awake.

As softly as you could, you placed your foot on the floor, your bare foot hitting the cold linoleum. The Berber rug was on his side, after all. Here, the floor was bare. You suppressed a shudder, afraid that the movement might alert the man in the bed. Slowly you added your other foot, and then you delicately rose from the bed, allowing the mattress to rise gradually in the hopes Albert would not notice. It seemed to have worked.

You blinked, realizing that you were standing next to the bed and out of his arms. It felt thrilling, the taste of freedom already on your lips. You could taste it, now all you had to do was find a way to get it.

A tiny featherlight step, and you could hear a small creak underneath your foot. Albert's snores grew louder, then softer again. Your body had tensed and you imagined him waking up to find you standing like a statue next to the bed. What excuse could you make for being out of his arms? That you needed to use the toilet? It was the best excuse you had.

You took another step forward, realizing that this was the corner of the bed where the rope had been tied to. A tug at the rope confirmed this, and you bend forward to see how tight the knot was. To your surprise, it was quite loose. Was this one of his good boy, naughty boy tests? Had he left a sloppy knot for you to find on purpose? Or had he simply been too much in a hurry to ravish you again, and then too tired afterward?