𝟓

I finished putting the last bag into the backseat of my car

I finished putting the last bag into the backseat of my car. I had just finished grocery shopping and was more than ready to get home. I had just completed a 12 hour shift and was in need of some much needed rest.

After I shut the back door to my car I rolled the buggy to where it was supposed to go and walked back to my car. I got in starting it letting it run while I put my seatbelt on.

I drove smoothly down the street being about 10 minutes out from my house. As I was driving I noticed a frightened looking female who was looking over her shoulder every other second.

I had this thing where it didn't matter who it was, if I saw a woman who looked like they needed help they would get it in a second from me with no hesitation.

I slowly drove beside her watching her look at my car and slightly panic. I hurriedly rolled my window down to let her see that I was also a woman hoping it would calm her a little.

"Hey excuse me" I called out making her look inside the car at the sound of a feminine voice. Once she saw my face her face softened but it still looked like she was dreading something.

"Oh, hey" She shyly spoke back stopping in her tracks.

"I saw you walking and it's about to get dark out, I don't think you should be out alone especially in this area" I said to her moving my purse from the passenger seat to the back in hopes that should would let me give her a ride to wherever she was trying to get to.

"Oh I'm just walking home from work, it's not that much further" She informed me but something in her tone was telling me it was further than she let on.

"How much further are we talking" I asked really not wanting to leave her walking out here.

"About 30 more minutes but I promise I'm fine I walk to and from work everyday" She said making my face immediately go into a frown.

She had already said she had a 30 minute walk until she reached her home and who knows how long she had already been walking.

"Oh no baby, get in the car please" I responded hitting the unlock button on my door.

"Oh no I couldn't ask you to-" She started but I cut her off.

"You're not asking me sweetie I'm offering, I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight knowing I left you out here" I said truthfully.

I had terrible overthinking problems. If I didn't physically see her make it home safe tonight I would convince myself she was kidnapped and I let it happen.

"Are you sure" She asked fidgeting with her sleeves.

"More than sure, come on" I replied motioning her to the car to while she followed. She opened the door settling into the seat and giving me her address. I began to drive seeing her house was in the opposite direction of mine but I didn't care.