𝟕

"Brooke, are you ready" I shouted through the house grabbing my keys

Today was the day of the cookout and we were getting ready to head out of the door. I ran my hands over the bob I just had installed on my head this morning. I took a few pictures in my my mirror before I heard Brooke coming down the stairs.

"Ouh girl you look good" She complimented me while smiling showing off her braces

"You do too boo, thank you" I returned it as we walked out of the house.

I started the car once we both got in. We clicked our seatbelts and waited for a minute before driving off.

After 20 minutes of a in-car concert and difficult directions we made it to the address Jasmyn had given us. I looked around at all the people outside while driving looking for a place to park on the crowded street. Halfway down the street a woman waved her hands at my car signaling for me to stop.

"Hey baby, you here for the cookout" A older nice looking lady asked me leaning down to speak to me.

"Yes ma'am, we were invited by our friends" I answered her leaning back giving her a view of Brooke in the passengers seat.

"Oh hey there sweetheart, I didn't see you the first time" She smiled at Brooke making her smile back.

"Hello, I love your hair" Brooke responded referring to the woman's hair flowing down her shoulders.

"Thank you sugar, y'all can park right here in this yard. It's my husbands childhood home" She pointed to a house with only one car in the driveway which was a nice Cadillac.

"Oh ok, thank you so much we was shol looking for a park" I told her giggling.

"You're welcome, I'm Angela I look forward to seeing y'all around I'm going to find my hardheaded sons now" She informed us standing up straight.

"Im Kennedy and this is my friend Brooklynn, and ok" We needed our conversation with her walking away and me driving off to pull into the yard of the house she pointed to.