𝟔

"No I'm not okay Kennedy" I could hear that pain in her voice making my heart drop

"No I'm not okay Kennedy" I could hear that pain in her voice making my heart drop. I knew something wasn't right.

"What's wrong" I asked concerned as I heard her cry on the other end.

"I'm just so tired I can't take it anymore I can't keep living like this Kennedy I can't, if I don't get out soon he's going to kill me" She rushed out making my heart ache for her.

I knew better than anyone how she was feeling.

"Brooklyn listen to me" I started making sure she was listening.

"Okay" She said trying to calm herself down.

"I want you to gather everything in that house that is important to you, do not try to pack anything you don't need if you need clothes or any products I will get them for you later. After I hang up I want you to break your phone you will get a new one I promise. I saw a little restaurant down the street from your house you should know which one I'm referring to. I want you to go there and wait for me, don't go anywhere until you see my car okay. I'm coming to get you" I carefully explained to her while throwing on random clothes so I could get to her quickly.

"Are you sure Kennedy this is a lot-" She tried to say but was cut off.

"I'm positive Brooklynn I'm assuming he's not there since you called me and we might not have much time before he gets back I need you to move quickly" I informed her getting into my car and starting it.

"O-okay I'll do it right now, thank you so much Kennedy" She cried on the other end making tears well up in my eyes.

"I want nothing more than to help you Brooklynn and I'm going to do that, I just need to you follow my instructions and I promise I got you after that" I said already on my way to her house.

We hung up and I continued the drive to her neighborhood. I pulled into the restaurant I told her to wait at. I waited for a second before I saw her emerge from the darkness walking to my car quickly with a bag over her shoulder. I unlocked the door letting her get it. She took her hood off letting out a deep breath.

"Did you throw the phone away" I asked hurriedly putting my car in drive and trying to get as far away from the neighborhood as possible.

"Yea, I smashed it with a rock and threw it down a drain on the side walk" She informed me making me nod.

"Good, don't worry you'll be fine I'm taking you to my house I promise he won't find you there" I assured her rubbing her back as she let a few tears of relief fall.

"God really knew I needed you Kennedy, I was so sure I was going to go in that house one day and not leave" She cried.

"Everything happens for a reason Brooklynn, i was meant to give you a ride today" I told her making her nod.

We reached my house and I turned my car off. We both got out walking towards the front door. I unlocked it letting both of us in.

"You can get comfortable on the couch, I just went grocery shopping so you can help yourself to anything in the kitchen please don't be shy. I'm going to put fresh sheets in the guest room for you, it will be your new room here and you can stay as long as you like" I said to her and she nodded taking everything in.