CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"OF COURSE I LOVE YOU DAD!" the small girl gripped onto the hem of her coat tightly as she looked up at her father. He looked down at her — smiling, only thing she couldn't quite understand was

Why they were leaving so suddenly.

"i love you too honey.. that's why we have to leave, okay?" he reached a hand up to her head and patted the spot lightly. She took his pinky finger in hers as they walked up to their car. She got up in the passenger seat and her father finished up her seatbelt and made sure it was secure before quickly walking over to the drivers seat.

"But dad, where's mommy?" the girl frowned and looked up at her dad who had already started the engine.

"She's not your mother anymore.." his grip on the steering wheel tightened. She lowered her head in confusion. 'But they never fought.. what happened?' She was still only a child.. but judging from her father's expression she knew that she shouldn't ask any further questions. He taught her that.

Her hands clenched into fists when she heard muffled sirens following behind them, her nails digging into her bare skin.. maybe it might have been the moment that unhealthy habit got tattooed onto her.

"Dad.." she frowned, still staring at her shoes — unable to look up.

"It's okay honey.. everything's alright." He lied, so obvious that he was unsure of his words.

A gun shot. Then the ties screeched.

Where did it all go wrong? She was only seven. She only wished to be happy together with her parents, graduate, get a decent job and repay everything they've done for her.