일곱

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎COWARDS IN HORROR MOVIES — don't you just hate them? Characters who save themselves instead of helping out someone. Characters who just stands there and do nothing, causing unnecessary problems for everyone else. They let their emotions take over and it's so irritating to watch. But let's be real, if you were in their position, it'd probably happen to you too, even if you didn't mean for it to.

(y/n) had always swore she'd never be like that — she thought she'd never be like that. But in the end, they say you'll always end up being the person you try so hard to not become.

Plus, what was someone supposed to do when they just witnessed their teacher death's along with a soldier's head getting decapitated all from trying to save them?

Her legs felt as if they were going to fall off eventually as she ran and ran, terrified. The knee injury she had from all the trainings she did in the past few days worsened the more she ran which caused the wound that was healing to stretch open, blood now tripling down her legs in the process.

She hurried into an alleyway and hid behind a pile of cardboard boxes, hoping whatever those were, none of them chased after her.

Dull nails she had cut at home while happily preparing for the military training grasped into her skin as she tried to calm herself down — but of course, it wasn't working.

Her shaky arms wrapped themselves around her knees. Faint screams and loud gunshots that made her body tremble in fear every time the trigger goes off could be heard from a distance. Everyone was scattered around in different groups and she started to yearn for solace, hoping someone had followed her through the chaos to share the burden.

Warm tears fell down the side of her cheeks, body so numb the only thing she could hear at this point was her uneven heartbeat. She clasped a hand over her mouth to fight the sobs she could barley control.

Were the others dead already? She didn't wish to know. She didn't have the guts to get out of her state and save them — it would be stupid to do so.

Rushed and loud footsteps that went unnoticed by her distressed state, edged towards her. The figure emerged, standing before her. At the sound of, "Private Ryu (y/n)." Her head shot up — she always hated that stern, irritating voice.