다섯

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎(Y/N) STOOD THERE IN FRONT OF THE CAMPUS, her eyes drifting off to the sky above. It was probably obvious to others that she haven't gotten much sleep ever since she got here — ever since she got traumatized by the sight of Yeong Hoon's death judging by the dark circles on her eye socket.

With a sigh, she fixed her military helmet and looked around — and of course the first person she made eye contact just had to be their platoon leader, Lee Chun Ho. She quickly looked away, not being able to bring herself to maintain the eye contact ever since what happened yesterday. He too, had regret everything he did with guilt storming his head.

The thoughts and his stare at the girl afar were interrupted when Won-bin nudged him. "We're all set" Won-Bin informed, earning a nod from him.

"Platoon Two, attention" He firmly ordered and everyone got into their positions. "Attention" They all repeated in union.

"Follow along so we don't lose anyone on our way to the shooting range, got it?"

"Yes sir!"

"Platoon two, March"

"March!" They repeated once again, everyone except (y/n) — she would but she was a little too lost in thought. Their leader noticed and walked towards her.

The group marched towards their destination, (y/n) silently following along behind. "You're slacking off today too" He said, arriving alongside her.

"Huh?.." She raised her head up at the sound of his voice.

He shook his head. "Never mind" She frowned, getting slightly irritated by the fact that he chose not to repeat his sentence for her but she decided not to say anything about it as the two of them walked shoulder to shoulder without a word, trailing behind everyone else. 

Once they arrived into the city, she immediately realized something strange and eerie — no one was there. It was just them and the unnatural stillness of the place surrounding them. "What the hell? Why is no one here?" (y/n) turned to her leader in suspicion, unable to trust the man. It seemed like everyone had picked it up too, whispers spreading amongst their partners.