Words As Weapons

Chapter 3

The next morning as promised everyone is gone and the sheets are folded neatly on the couch. Calista frown and walk into the kitchen to cook. After having breakfast alone she walks around the house several times before noticing there was nothing to do but sleep.

She groans and lays in the bed screaming into the pillow. There was absolutely nothing to do. She couldn't sleep anymore. She huffs and finally gets out of bed and head to the lake. She shreds off all of her clothes and walks into the water.

She shivers and wraps her arms around herself and inhale and exhale before swimming out deeper. "Fuck." She continues to shiver. Her powers wasn't working. Usually she could swim out and her gift would heat her body. Her eyes begin to flutter close as the wind pick up. "Work." She hiss while her teeth begins to clatter.

"What are you doing?" Someone hiss behind her.

She yelps and lose concentration sinking under the water. She kicks her feet and emerges from under the water her eyes wide. She kicks her feet and concentrates on the figure in front of her. "Swim to shore." They hiss before ducking back underneath. Calista scowl but quickly hurries to the dock and pull herself up.

She shivers and looks out into the water and frown. She wind blows again and she hurries into the house and lock the door. She storm up the stairs and turns on the shower before wrapping a towel around her. Midnight comes into the room and purrs.

"I know." Calista sigh. "I'm going crazy."

{}{}

Scarlet grab Luna hand and pull her towards the bench. Luna grins widely as she watch the dogs and children run around. Scarlet had called her early this morning saying she was taking her out. She couldn't help but be giddy and excited. But, throughout the day she began to feel guilty.

"I feel horrible." Luna pout.

"Why? What's wrong?" Scarlet question.

Luna peers up at Scarlet and chew on her bottom lip. Sometimes being around Scarlet was difficult. She understood her feelings. But, she never could understand what the other Rein was thinking. They was getting close but after the almost kiss-and-almost dying. Scarlet never brought it back up and Luna didn't want to scare her away.

She knew from being friends with the Rein for so long that she hated commitment. She was actually petrified of it. Not that Luna would ever say that aloud.

"Luna?" Scarlet pulls her out of her thoughts.

The red head blushes and chuckles nervously. "This isn't fair." She pauses looking at the confusion on Scarlet face. "This space thing."

"Sorry Lu-Eleanor is right. We need space from each other."

"This isn't space."

Scarlet chuckles, "We're not the problem." She kisses her cheek making the smaller girl blush. "I like having you around. I like having Stella around even though she gets on my fucking nerves but I could use some space from the three. They're emotional and shit. I can't take anymore of it."

"We should have just talked about it?"

"We tried that and it failed. Miserably by the way." Scarlet replies.

Luna pucker her lips out sadly. "But, we're together and I'm pretty sure Eleanor and Stella are together. It's not fair, Scarlet. Calista is all alone. What type of friends are we? You and I both know that she's fragile during times like these and we just left this morning. We need to go by the house-