I Am Machine

Chapter 12

Luna take a seat on the soft bed and sigh. She didn't noticed how tired she was until now. She watches Scarlet babble about how she didn't trust anyone but her. Luna closes her eyes before forcing them open when she hears her name being called. She yawns into her hand and mumble, "Scar. I'm tired."

Luna shut her eyes again but smiles when she feels Scarlet hands on her body peeling her clothes off. Luna moans and bury her head into Scarlet chest. She breathes in and smile when she hear, "I'm going to take your bra off now." She shudders when she feels Scarlet finger sliding down her back before unhooking her bra.

Luna open her eyes for a second to see Scarlet staring before looking away. She grabs one of the gowns the servants provided for them and help Luna in it. "There." Scarlet whispers before kissing her forehead.

Luna settles in the center of the bed and relax. Her body tingles and she yawns again. God. She was exhausted. A few minutes later she can feel hands on her body and a breath blowing against her neck.

[][]

Breakfast is awkward.

Calista strays away from Aquarius and the other woman stares at her in confusion. Tala scowls at the situation she has gotten herself in. She could be doing other things like getting her village and people back together.

Nyla speaks about the plans of a festival in honor of them and the wedding. Calista ignores her most of the breakfast. She picks at her food and avoid Calista stare.

Nyla clenches her jaw and squeeze Aquarius thigh. The other woman looks to her in questioning and Nyla whispers in her ear, "Let's speak privately."

They push their chairs back and head into another room. Calista pulls her head up and watches them leave.

"Yes?" Aquarius ask. Her voice with a hint of attitude. She tries to look over Nyla shoulder to glance at Calista. It's been three days here and Calista wouldn't even show a hint of emotion towards her. She was literally avoiding her.

"You know..." Nyla starts grabbing Aquarius chin so she could look at her. "This is not easy for me either."

Aquarius shut her eyes before rubbing her temple. "What is it now, Nyla. I have been doing everything you have asked of me."

Nyla clenches her jaw before hissing, "I expected my fiance to come back and marry me. I expected that once you got back everything would go back to normal and we would finally have peace!"

"I know, I know." Aquarius rub her temples. "I'm sorry." Nyla furrow her eyebrows before running her hand across Aquarius forehead.

"Hey, look at me." Nyla whispers. She grabs Aquarius chin softly again. Aquarius open her eyes and her aqua orbs are glossy.

"I'm okay." Aquarius say. "I'm just exhausted."

"Maybe sleeping at night would help that."

Aquarius furrow her eyebrows in annoyance. Nyla smiles before moving a lock of hair out of Aquarius face. "I know you. Come to my chambers tonight please. I'll make sure you get a lot of rest." Aquarius open her mouth to protest but Nyla cut her off. "No. You're coming. You need to rest."

Before Aquarius could agree or disagree Calista walk towards them. She clears her throat and look between the two. "The lieutenant is looking for you two." Is all she say before walking away.

Calista scowls and shake her emotions away. She take a seat between Luna and Tala and her thoughts begin to wonder before she shut them out.

The lieutenant stands tall in his traditional uniform. Black with gold trim. Nyla and Aquarius take a seat at the head of the table.