retrieving the heart

{Day 1}

Brooke's POV:

We got to the shoreline and I began to walk toward where I thought Peters thinking spot was. To be honest I was really going off instinct. I thought I was lost when I came up to a tree that I used as a landmark. It always guided to toward Peters thinking spot. When we were about a few yards from the entrance I stopped with everyone else stopping behind me.

"We're here." I said with no emotion.

"Let's kill a bitch." Regina said walking toward the entrance but I held my hand up in front of her.

"No, I go in first."

"What?? Why you? He's my son." Regina said angrily.

"Because he wouldn't see it coming if I went in, you can sneak up behind him and do it." I said looking at the entrance.

"Or you can do it." Emma suggested.

"M-Me? I can't."

"Yes, you can. Here let me help you." Regina said and waved her hand over mine.

It felt awkwardly tingly.

"There, now you can rip his heart out, well Henry's heart back out." she said taking a step back.

"Alright." I took a deep breath and walked in.

I saw him sitting on a rock looking at the sky.

"Peter?"

He turned toward me. His eyes lit up when he saw me.

"Brooke?" he stood up.

I walked toward him so I stood in front of him and placed my hand on his chest where Henry's heart was.

"Was there another way?" I asked looking up at him.

He looked into my eyes and remained silent.

"Peter. Was there another way?" I asked raising my voice.

Again he was silent. I took my hand off his chest and put both on his shoulders.

"Peter! Please answer me!" I yelled and shook him slightly.

"Yes! There was another way!" he yelled then put his hands on his head and backed up.

"What was it?"

"Brooke-" he took a step toward me.

"Peter tell me what it was!" I said staring off into the distance then shifting my attention to him.

He looked at me with sad eyes.

"I would of had to take the heart of the person I care for most." he said with tears filling his eyes. "And that's you."

I was shocked, flabbergasted, speechless. I looked up and a tear trickled down my cheek.

"I'm so sorry Peter." I whispered.

"Wha-?" I interrupted him by shoving my hand in his chest.

He let out a groan as I pulled out his heart, well Henry's heart. Peter fell to the ground. He looked up at me.

"Brooke. Please. Don't do this." he groaned trying to army crawl toward me.

I looked at him with sad eyes.

"I can't let Henry die." I said and walked away.

"Brooke! Brooke!!" I heard him yell from behind me.

I approached them and held the heart in my hand. I gave the heart to Emma.

"Ok, lets go." Emma said turning around to walk away and so did Snow and Regina.