believe

{Day 1}

Peters POV:

"I have an idea." I heard a voice say.

I turned to see a very pissed off Regina.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were giving Henry his heart back." Snow White asked.

"I did don't worry. He's fine but I had to come and help find Brooke and I see we have. So you're the reason she told me to rip out her heart. She was lying."

"Lying? About what?" I asked.

"She said her emotions were getting in the way of everything so she wanted me to rip out her heart so her emotions would stay out of the way. I guess she really just wanted to save you." Regina rolled her eyes.

"She did?"

"well she's dead and you're alive so what do you think?" Regina scoffed.

"Regina! He just lost his true love!" Snow White said silently in Regina's ear.

"You loved her?" she asked very shocked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I did love her. I loved her a lot." I said.

"Regina what was your idea?" Emma asked.

"Oh right, my idea was to just give her heart back to her and call it a day. But I thought of something that could keep you both alive."

"Well? How the hell do we bring her back??" Emma asked impatiently.

"If you split your heart in half and give a half to her maybe it'll work." Regina said looking at Brooke.

"That sounds ridiculous. That could never work."

"Well Neverland does run on belief, doesn't it?" Emma asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes but-"

"Maybe if you believe it will work then maybe it will." Emma said looking me dead in the eye.

"Why are you helping me after I nearly killed Henry?" I asked curiously.

"Well we knew Brooke for a little while and we care about her. We don't want her to die because of you." Regina said folding her arms across her chest.

I took a deep breath and nodded. I looked at everyone and they were staring at me. I shoved my hand into my chest and pulled out my heart. Well Brookes heart in this case. I looked at Regina.

"Are you sure this will work?"

"Positive."

"Pan you have to believe this will work." Snow said.

I looked down and the heart and took another deep breath. Then I took the heart and split it in half.

I believe. I believe. I believe.

I repeated that over and over in my head. I put one half in my chest and the other in Brookes. I looked at her. She didn't move or breathe.

"Brooke? Brooke? Do you hear me?" I asked shaking her a little.

"Come on Brooke." I heard Emma say silently.

There was a moment of silence then she took a deep breath and her eyes shot open.

"Brooke?"

"Peter?"

"Brooke." I said a little louder and hugged her causing her to hug back.

We let go and I smiled down at her.

"Wait, how am I alive?" she looked into my eyes for a second. "Peter god damn it put my heart back inside you."